These Fudgy and Chewy Brownies are the perfect brownie! An easy one-bowl recipe. Deliciously chewy and fudgy with a beautiful shiny crackly top. So tasty and chocolatey, definitely better than any box mix. A chocolate lover’s dream!
Calling all chocolate lovers! It’s time to celebrate! After months of testing, THE PERFECT BROWNIE recipe is here!! No box can compete with this recipe! My kids have been watching me edit the pictures and have all been begging me to make them again asap! I’m with them! So I’ll be making them again soon. It’s such a quick and easy recipe it’s a fun one to make with kids.
Why these brownies are the best:
- Easy to prepare (one bowl!)
- Simple ingredients
- Crispy shiny crackly brownie tops
- Made in a 9×13 pan, so it’s great for sharing!
- Tastes great for days after baking!
- And so much more!
Ingredients Needed to Make Fudgy and Chewy Brownies:
Butter– I like to use unsalted when baking.
Chocolate Chips- Please use good quality! These will be melted along with the butter to give these brownies a deeper depth of chocolate flavor and it helps give them the beautiful crackly top!
Granulated Sugar & Brown Sugar- I find that using both types of sugar makes these extra fudgy and tasty!
Eggs- I give you permission to eat these brownies for breakfast because it calls for 4 large eggs! haha Make sure to beat these in, one at a time, and really well!
Vanilla Extract- Always use pure! Never imitation.
Salt- Either use sea salt or kosher salt.
Cocoa Powder- You can either use unsweetened cocoa powder or Dutch. I often like to use both and sometimes even add a little bit of dark cocoa powder. I suggest whichever you choose, to use a high-quality cocoa powder.
Flour- Use all-purpose flour and please don’t over mix!
More Chocolate Chips! Or Chunks! You’ll mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips or chunks then sprinkle around 2/3 cup on top! You don’t have to add any on top but I’m a big chocolate fan! My mother-in-law loved it because she said it was like there was frosting on top. (Best frosting ever!)
How to Make Fudgy and Chewy Brownies:
This recipe is an easy 1 bowl recipe! Check out just how easy it is!..
1- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave until melted and smooth.
2- Stir in the sugar and granulated sugar.
3- Mix in the eggs and then the vanilla extract.
4-Add the salt and cocoa powder then the flour.
5- Fold in chocolate chips, spread in prepared pan, sprinkle with more chocolate chips.
6- Bake, cool, and enjoy the best brownies ever!
Tips and Tricks:
-DO NOT overbake the brownies! Check them at 24 minutes, and if it’s still a little jiggly, check again in 1 minute, I wouldn’t suggest baking for more than 26 minutes. But all ovens can vary. Remember the pan will be so hot it will continue to set after pulling it out of the oven.
-Cut the warm brownies (after they have cooled for at least a little bit!) with a plastic knife. The brownies won’t stick to the knife.
-In the recipe, I say to sift your flour, but if your cocoa powder seems a little lumpy, you can sift that in as well.
-I would wait at least 15 minutes at the minimum to let them cool before cutting but 30 minutes to 1 hour will help them come out of the pan easier.
-These brownies from the picture were cut and taken out of the pan about 45 minutes after baking. So you can see the cut lines aren’t super clean/even because they hadn’t cooled all the way but doesn’t it look amazing? So fudgy and gooey! It just depends on how you prefer them to look.
Serve with milk, or even better, vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and salted caramel!
Let me know what you think of these amazing brownies!
More amazing 9×13 Dessert Recipes You’ll Love!
- Berries and Cream Bars
- Raspberry Jello Pretzel Salad
- Soft Sugar Cookie Bars
- Tres Leches Cake with Berries
- Chocolate Chip & M&M Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (good quality)
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 cup unsweetened natural or Dutch-process cocoa powder
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 cup + 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a 9×13-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on the sides to lift the finished brownies out. Lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Cut butter into pieces. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and semi-sweet chocolate chips. Melt in 30-second increments, stirring after each time until the butter and melted chocolate chips become a smooth mixture.
3. Stir in the granulated and brown sugar. Mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing really well after each is added. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the salt and cocoa powder. Stir in until almost fully incorporated then sift in the flour and fold together. Do not overmix. Just stir until there are no more flour streaks. Gently fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips (or chunks.)
5. Spread evenly into the prepared pan. Top with around 2/3 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks.
6. Bake for 24-26 minutes, until no longer jiggly in the middle and just set. Don’t overbake. It will continue to set as it cools.
7. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares. Store leftover brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. (You can wrap them and freeze them for up to 3 months.)
Make it Easter-themed!
Add chocolate brownie frosting on top (double this recipe) Easter sprinkles, and Ghiradelli bunnies or Easter candy!