This Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet is ready in under 30 minutes! The perfect quick and healthy recipe! It’s loaded with chicken sausage, vibrant bell peppers, zucchini, onions, and crispy red potatoes.
I LOVE quick, healthy, and delicious dinner recipes! For years I have loved my recipe for Smoked Sausage Hash. SO many of you LOVE it too! So when I was at Trader Joe’s the other day and saw their chicken sausage, inspiration hit and I decided to make this recipe for Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet. This recipe is amazing! It’s incredible how fast this meal comes together from start to finish. It’s tasty, healthy, and loaded with delicious vegetables.
This recipe is loaded with vegetables!
Vegetables Included in Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet:
Bell Peppers (include any colors you’d like!)
I loved this Chicken Sausage from Trader Joe’s! I was pleased to hear as I checked out, that my cashier loved it too. Any type of chicken sausage will work in this recipe. And you can even substitute smoked sausage if you’d like.
How to make Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet:
1- Cook the potatoes in a skillet. Garlic powder, salt, and pepper are added to up the flavor! Once crispy, remove from skillet.
2- Brown the chicken sausage.
3- Cook the vegetables. Add the potatoes back to the skillet.
4- Season with Italian seasoning, paprika, and more salt and pepper if desired.
5- Enjoy this fast, tasty, and healthy dinner!
This recipe tastes great as leftovers, making it a perfect meal-prep dish as well! You could even serve it with brown rice.
You may also like:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 red potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- 1 (12-14 oz.) package Chicken Sausage, sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 2 bell peppers, diced (red, green, yellow or orange)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet or
cast iron. Add the potatoes and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until desired crispiness about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Set aside using a slotted spoon.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook the chicken sausage for 2 to 3 minutes
on each side, until lightly browned.
- Add the pepper, onions, and zucchini. Cook, stirring frequently until the
onions are soft and translucent and the peppers and zucchini are tender. Add
garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season with Italian seasoning, paprika.
- Stir the potatoes back in and continue cooking for another minute or two.
Add more salt and pepper as desired.