This delicious Smoked Sausage Hash is ready in less than 30 minutes! A flavorful mix of hearty smoked sausage, crispy potatoes and colorful vegetables. This dish is perfect for any meal of the day.
There’s nothing I love more than a delicious dinner full of flavor that’s quick and easy to prepare. Life is busy lately with soccer practice, busy weeknights and so much more. This flavorful Smoked Sausage Hash is the perfect simple meal solution for busy nights! I couldn’t believe how good this dish was! It was fun to prepare. I cut the vegetables after the sausage and the smell from the sausage was so good I was so tempted to eat some without cooking it!
This dinner turned out so good. It’s already one of my very favorite dinner recipes on my blog. It reminded me of Dutch Oven dinners that take hours to make from the amazing flavors I was getting from the smoked sausage and tasty vegetables. I don’t even more seasoning than salt and pepper because the ingredients are that good. But feel free to add Italian seasoning or Cajun seasoning if you’d like.
I love cooking with Smoked Sausage. It’s so convenient and the flavor is outstanding! You can find more delicious and easy recipes here from Hillshire Farm.
Let me show you how quick and easy it is to make Smoked Sausage Hash.
First, you crisp up the potatoes.
Please note that this dinner only takes about 20-25 minutes to prepare but if you need to save on time and make it in as quick as 10 minutes you can cook the potatoes in a separate skillet while the sausage and vegetables cook. I chose to use just 1 skillet to save up on clean up time plus I love cooking in my cast iron and I just have one in the size I needed.
Then you cook the smoked sausage. The look and smell of it was sure tempting me to eat it before this dinner was ready!
Next, add the vegetables and cook them until tender. I like to cook the onions for about 2 minutes before adding the peppers because I like my onions softer and my peppers more crisp but it works just fine to cook them at the same time. I add garlic the last 30 seconds to add that amazing fragrant flavor.
Looking so good!
The last step is to add the potatoes back in and that is IT! Could it be any easier? I think not! You wouldn’t believe how good my house smelled! This dinner is amazing. So quick, easy and full of flavor! I know your family will love it as much as mine did.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 3-4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 (14 oz.) package Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage, sliced
- 2 peppers, diced (red, green or orange)
- 1 med. onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional seasonings: Italian seasoning or Cajun
- Heat the olive oil and butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet or cast iron. Add the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until desired crispiness about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside using a slotted spoon.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook the smoked sausage for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are soft and translucent and the peppers and tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir the potatoes back in and continue cooking for another minute or two. Add more salt and pepper if needed or other seasonings as desired.
“This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Hillshire Farm, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #nohasslesavorymeal http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV”