This recipe for Large Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies makes 4 dozen delicious perfect soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies! The dough freezes beautifully as well if you’d like to save some for later!
In my opinion, the best dessert is chocolate chip cookies! It’s been my favorite dessert since I can remember! Every year or so my brother and his family visit from Ohio (I live in Utah) and they always request my chocolate chip cookies! But since they have a big family and every time they come other members of my family come over, (I have a big family! I’m the youngest of 8 kids.) one small batch of cookies will not do. I need A LOT! And if I happen to have leftover dough, I can freeze it for the next week because they always want my cookies at least twice.
This year, they came to visit early July, so I perfected making this Large Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies a few times (which they loved!) so there would always be enough cookies for everyone. I’ve just made some slight changes to my original Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe which I will talk about later in this post. But all that you really need to know is that this Large Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is just perfect! Every time I make it I can’t believe just how tasty it is!
What a beautiful sight!
I’ll never get tired of the beauty of chocolate chips meeting cookie dough. Definitely, a match made in heaven!
And since there is so much dough, you can sneak bites of the dough without anyone knowing!
You can bake 2 cookie sheets at a time, just switch the pan spots and reverse it about 6 minutes through cooking. I like to add a couple more chocolate chips to the dough too at that point.
The result is a large batch of beautiful and tasty chocolate chip cookies! Believe me, I’ve tried A LOT of chocolate chip cookies in my life, including many of the new cookie delivery shops, and there is no cookie out there as good as these cookies!
Crispy on the edges, soft and chewy in the center, perfect texture, plenty of chocolate chip goodness, it’s truly a dream come true!
All you need is a glass of milk and you will be in cookie heaven!
Let’s talk about the ingredients:
The ingredients are classic chocolate chip cookie ingredients but it’s just the right amount of each ingredient that makes this recipe so special.
- Butter- 3 sticks of softened butter give these cookies that amazing texture you want in a perfect cookie.
- Brown Sugar- I’ve upped the amount of brown sugar for this recipe from my original to give it a little more flavor and because I added a little more flour too. Brown Sugar is my favorite baking ingredient so it only makes these cookies more delicious! I like to use half light and half dark brown sugar.
- Granulated Sugar- Not too much not too little. Just 1/2 cup. Helps the edges of the cookies to be crispy.
- Eggs- Eggs make baked goods so tasty! You just need 2 large eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla Extract- Everyone knows this is a must with chocolate chip cookies! A full tablespoon of vanilla gives this recipe that tasty flavor!
- Cornstarch- The secret ingredient! It makes the cookies super soft and thick.
- Baking Soda- A must in cookies. It helps them to be soft and fluffy and not flat.
- Salt- I use unsalted butter so adding salt is a must plus it helps cut the sweetness of the cookie giving your taste buds more pleasure.
- Flour- This is an obvious ingredient! I’ve added just the right amount to help the cookies be thick but not crumbly. Be sure to measure correctly. You don’t want to over measure this.
- Chocolate Chips- The best ingredient in this recipe! I’m not shy about adding plenty of chocolate chips. This recipe calls for 3 cups and I still like to add more on top. But you can decide if you want to add more or not. I’m a HUGE fan of semi-sweet and even dark chocolate chips but if you are a die-hard milk chocolate chip fan, go for it. You could even add some chocolate chips to up the chocolate factor.
Try this recipe and let me know what you think! I just made a big batch of these to freeze so I have it ready to bake up after my baby comes. (In only a few weeks!) I love to have a yummy way to say thank you to those who help me out with dinner etc when life is crazy with a newborn.
To Freeze Cookie Dough:
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Scoop dough into balls onto cookie sheet just leaving enough room between dough balls that they don’t touch.
- Add more chocolate chips if desired.
- Place cookie sheet in the freezer for about an hour.
- Then put the cookie dough balls in a freezer zip lock (labeled) and keep in freezer until needed!
- When ready to bake, just add a couple more minutes to the baking time. No need to thaw out dough first.
This picture is from when I made the cookies using 1/4 cup of dough! I typically use 2 tablespoons but I love how they turn out when I make them big. The texture is amazing! The cookies are so thick and chewy. It’s incredible! Just bake it for a bit longer, about 14 minutes.
Enjoy! -Cookie dough does not need to be chilled but it will be thicker and more flavorful if you do chill it.
-If you want bigger cookies, scoop out 1/4 cup of dough into balls, and bake for about 14 minutes. (After chilling dough balls for at least 1-2 hours.)
-Cookie dough does not need to be chilled but it will be thicker and more flavorful if you do chill it.