Soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie bars topped with white chocolate chips and Christmas M&M’s to make a festive and tasty treat! This is an easy one-bowl recipe!
Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite dessert! I love a classic chewy cookie but let’s be honest, it takes time to make! Mixing the dough, chilling the balls, baking multiple sheets of cookie dough. December is such a busy month so it’s time to simplify your life with these Christmas Cookie Bars. You get the delicious taste and flavor of chocolate chip cookies with less than half the work!
That makes it easy to have a tasty recipe is no time for things like Christmas parties, neighbor treats, Christmas cookie exchanges, and more!
A few weeks ago when we had both of our families over to celebrate Bella, I took it as an opportunity to recipe test chocolate chip cookie bars. I made 3 different recipes! The recipe I am sharing today is the one we all liked best with a few slight changes to make it even better.
Making the dough is my favorite part! It’s an easy one-bowl recipe that is ready in no time!
With colorful red and green M&M’s and white chocolate chips on top, it’s the perfect festive Christmas treat!
This is a recipe to add to your go-to quick and delicious dessert list!
These cookie bars are chewy and super tasty! It’s such a perfect Christmas recipe to share!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened (1 ½ sticks)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Christmas M&M’s, divided (1/2 cup in batter ½ on top)
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, cream together the brown sugar, white sugar, and butter for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides if needed. Add the baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Then slowly add in the flour, beat until just combined. Mix in the 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of Christmas M&M's.
- Using a spatula, evenly spread the cookie dough into the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Christmas M&M's and the white chocolate chips. Bake for 26-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool, cut into bars and serve!
Tip: Add the white chocolate chips on top during the last 10 minutes of baking so they come out whiter instead of sometimes having a slightly light brown tint.