Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is an easy, and quick recipe. This is the perfect healthy meal and also a great make-ahead recipe for lunches. Delicious chicken sausage and a colorful variety of vegetables are roasted with a tasty olive oil mixture tossed over it.
Sheet pan dinners are a lifesaver when you need a quick prep dinner in a hurry! This recipe for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables is the perfect way to have a delicious and healthy dinner ready in just around 30 minutes. All you need to do is cut the chicken sausage and vegetables into bite-sized pieces, place them on the sheet pan then toss them in the delicious seasoned olive oil mixture. Bake until crispy and enjoy!
For almost a year now, you guys have been LOVING my recipe for Chicken Sausage and Vegetable Skillet! I took that recipe and changed it up just a little bit to work perfectly for a sheet pan dinner. You are going to really enjoy this different version. I love this Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables because after chopping everything the oven does the rest of the work!
Ingredients Needed for Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetables & Tips:
Chicken Sausage– Any flavor you think would taste good works!
Red & Sweet Potatoes– I like to have both for the variety of texture and taste but you can just use 1 type of potato if you prefer. Another type like Yukon or Russet would work too.
Bell Pepper- You can use just 1 color of a variety of colors.
Italian or Cajun seasoning
Salt & Pepper
You can adjust the spices as per your taste.
Optional: Parmesan. I like to add it when the food is ready and then put it back in the oven just for about 30 seconds so it melts.
Follow the recipe instructions on how to cut your vegetables. You will want to cut the potatoes smaller than all the other vegetables because it takes the longest to cook. And cut the broccoli into bigger florets because it cooks faster. If you want, you could also just cook the potatoes for 10-15 minutes first and then add the rest of the ingredients for another 10-15 minutes. If I do this I like to increase the temperature just when cooking the potatoes to 425 F.
Other Delicious Vegetables you could use:
This recipe is flexible! Most vegetables would work in this recipe as long as it roasts well. Here are some suggestions:
- Brussel Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Grape Tomatoes
What to serve with:
This recipe is amazing just how it is but you could also serve it with:
This Sheet Pan Chicken Sausage and Vegetable recipe is the perfect dinner! So easy to prepare, healthy, full of flavor, and a delicious leftover!
More Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes:
- 1 (12 oz.) package Chicken Sausage, sliced into ½” rounds
- 2 red potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 bell pepper (any color or a mix of colors), seeded and chopped in 1” pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped into florets
Olive Oil Mixture:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or Cajun)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper
- Optional: parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Line a large baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or just spray with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Spread sausage and vegetables evenly on the prepared pan.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic cloves, Italian seasoning, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add to the sausage and vegetables and toss to coat it evenly.
5. Spread out the sausage and vegetables as much as you can.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Cook until desired cooked/crispiness level. Keep your eye on it for the last 5-10 minutes as some vegetables may possibly cook faster than others.
7. Add more salt and pepper as desired.
8. Optional: Sprinkle parmesan cheese over everything and put it back in the oven for 30 seconds.
9. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You could also substitute or add any of these vegetables: carrots, onions, green beans, grape tomatoes, asparagus…
Feel free to add fresh herbs like rosemary, dill, basil, cilantro etc.