Can you believe Thanksgiving is next week!? Are you ready? I am so excited but mostly because my little guy will be turning 3 on Thanksgiving! It’s going to be a fun day full of good food and fun celebrating him! I don’t know about you but I think there is a balance between being hungry but not too hungry you feel starving before Thanksgiving dinner. So I’m all about a little healthy snack before! These Cinnamon Graham Crackers are the perfect snack! You can make them a few days before and kid and adults love them!
I made these for my little guys birthday party and every one loved them! It’s also a perfect little snack for little ones. And a little tip. If you’d like it to be a little softer, bake them for 13 minutes instead of 15.
One thing I love about this little snack is you can cut out any shape you want or cut them into graham cracker shapes. My kids love choosing a cookie cutter and helping me cut it out. It’s really fun!
One Year Ago: Quick Dinner Rolls
Two Years Ago: Triple Berry Pie
Three Years Ago: Chocolate Silk Pie
Four Years Ago: Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 tablespoon wheat germ or flax seed
- *1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients. (If using wheat germ or flax seed add here.)
- Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add honey, water and vanilla and continue to mix until it all combines.
- Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of wax or parchment paper. (I found it easier to roll the dough w/o a sheet on top of the dough.)
- Roll dough out until ¼ inch thick. Cut into crackers or shapes. Combine the dough scraps and roll out again to cut more shapes.
- Place cookies on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Mix together the 1 tbsp. sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon and sprinkle on top. If it's not sticking well first brush graham cracker dough with milk. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve.