This Easy Farfalle Greek Pasta Salad is quick to put together and full of flavor! Made with farfalle pasta, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, green bell pepper, kalamata olives, red onions, and feta. Tossed with a delicious homemade Greek dressing and seasoned with salt, pepper, and parsley. This Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect dish!
Easy Farfalle Greek Pasta Salad
You are going to love this Greek Pasta Salad recipe! It’s fresh and quick to make with plenty of crisp fresh vegetables, feta, farfalle pasta (or you can use another type), and a tasty homemade Greek dressing. It’s the perfect dish for family dinner and potlucks!
Fresh and crisp vegetables are the best, especially in the summertime! I love enjoying a delicious summer pasta salad with all the veggies! This Greek Pasta Salad is AMAZING! I shared it with friends and they all said it was INCREDIBLE!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED TO MAKE EASY GREEK PASTA SALAD:
- Farfalle pasta (aka bow ties), rotini, or penne- I love using farfalle pasta because it has a bite to it when you cook it al dente.
- English cucumber
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green bell pepper
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Red onion– If you soak it in cold water for 10 minutes it takes away the strong onion flavor. It really works!
- Parsley- Use fresh is possible!
- Salt and pepper, to taste
HOW TO MAKE THIS GREEK PASTA SALAD AND SIMPLE HOMEMADE GREEK DRESSING:
It’s quite easy!
1- Cook the pasta until al dente. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
2- Cut all the vegetables according to the instructions.
3- Make the Homemade Greek Dressing by mixing together: olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4- Mix everything together- Then top with feta cheese, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
5- Chill in the fridge- Then serve and enjoy!
IDEAS FOR SUBSTITUTIONS:
Store-bought Greek Salad Dressing can be used instead of homemade.
If you’d rather not add olives you can just omit them or replace them with marinated artichokes.
Feta cheese can be replaced with cotija cheese or another cheese you think sounds good.
MAKING THIS GREEK PASTA SALAD IN ADVANCE
Pasta salad tastes even better over time! GIving the pasta and vegetables some time to soak in the Greek salad dressing adds even more flavor to this dish.
You can make this salad and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days. If you aren’t planning on serving it for more than a day I would recommend waiting to add the tomatoes.
Also, note that this recipe does make a lot as it used 1 pound of pasta so half it if needed.
More Pasta Salad Recipes You Will Love!
FOR THE GREEK PASTA SALAD:
- 16 ounces pasta (farfalle (bow ties), rotini, or penne)
- 1 English cucumber , cut into half-moons (~ 3 cups)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced Kalamata olives, halved, and pitted
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced (soak in cold water for 10 minutes, rinse and dry)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup bottled Greek vinaigrette dressing
HOMEMADE GREEK DRESSING:
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. PASTA: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Boil until pasta is just to al dente. Drain pasta. Transfer pasta to a large baking sheet spread out, and let cool.
2. VEGETABLES: Meanwhile, prep the vegetables as instructed in the ingredient list. Add all of the chopped vegetables to a large bowl and then stir in the cooled pasta.
3. DRESSING: Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, honey, dijon mustard, oregano, basil, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper. Toss into the pasta and vegetables when ready to serve. Evenly coat the pasta salad with the dressing. Add more salt and pepper if needed. Top with the crumbled feta and minced parsley. Serve right away or refrigerate for 30 minutes to 3 hours for a colder pasta salad and to let the flavors meld together. Before serving, toss the salad.
4. Keep leftovers stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.