Oreo Pie Crust is my favorite pie crust! Oreos are so good and even better made into a pie crust! My all-time favorite pie (Chocolate Silk Pie) is made using the Oreo pie crust. Making homemade Oreo pie crust is so simple to make and will make whatever you choose to fill it with a hit at Thanksgiving or whenever and wherever you serve your pie!
With only a few quick steps you will have an amazing homemade Oreo pie crust in no time!
The first step is to crush up the Oreos. You can either place it in a zip-lock bag and smash it until there are fine crumbs or my preferred method is to use my food processor. It’s so fast and you get fine crumbs in less than 20 seconds!
People often ask me if the creme needs to be removed. That’s a definite no! Keep it! I think they ask because you can’t really see it once the Oreos are crushed up. The creme is the best part right?
Look at those delicious Oreo crumbs!
Next, you mix in a little butter to the Oreo crumbs and dump it in your pie pan.
Bake it for 8 minutes then let it cool before filling it however you’d like! You don’t even have to bake it if you want a softer pie crust, such as for an ice cream pie. Just chill it instead for about 30 minutes to an hour.
I often make my pie crust a day or two in advance before I need it and just wrap it tightly with plastic wrap.
- 24 Oreos
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs using either a food processor or placing the Oreos in a zip-lock and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin or glass cup.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the Oreo crumbs and the melted butter and until well combined.
- Place the crumbs into a pie pan and press into the bottom and sides evenly.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes for a slighter crispy pie crust. Cool before filling. (My preferred way.)
- If making a baked pie recipe, bake as stated above then add that filling and bake according to recipe.
- Or chill for 30 min.-1 hour before filling with a no-bake pie filling.
You might also like:
Love this recipe? Save it for later!