I love brownies! Brownies and chocolate chip cookies are right up there with the yummiest thing on the planet you can do with chocolate. And I love chocolate. And something about this stage of pregnancy (8 months!) is making me love it even more! 🙂
These are the easiest and best brownies on the planet. The funny thing is, the first time I had these brownies was also when I was 8 months pregnant. That of course was with my cute little boy Levi. Back when we were at BYU my husband’s work was celebrating national brownie day and his awesome boss made these brownies. He was so sweet to think of me and brought me by one to my work and I enjoyed every bite! I begged him to get me the recipe and I couldn’t believe how easy it was! All you do is take a brownie mix, drizzle caramel over the top, sprinkle on chocolate chips and bake it!
A little bit ago my awesome neighbor had a birthday. She said her favorite dessert is brownies so I decided to make these for her. I am so blessed to have her as a neighbor. She went to my high school but I didn’t know her but now we are great friends and our kids love to hang out. It sure is nice to have a friend close by!
I very highly recommend when you bake these brownies to line the pan with parchment paper. It will make it so easy to remove them from the pan. I hope you try this!
Caramel Chocolate Chip Brownies
1. Make a brownie batch (from box or scratch)
2. Take caramel ice cream topping and drizzle over top. (You only need about 1/3 cup)
3. Take a knife and make small cuts through batter to encourage caramel to sink into batter.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. (about half a bag)
5. Bake as directed from brownie box or brownie recipe.
6. When brownies are done let cool, cut, then serve!
*Tip- Cut your warm brownies with a plastic knife so it doesn’t stick.