Oreo Witch Hat Cookies are a super easy and fun Halloween recipe! All you need are Oreos, buttercream frosting, Hershey’s Kisses, and Halloween Sprinkles! This no-bake Halloween recipe is a fun activity to make with kids.
Happy Halloween time! October is such a fun month with Halloween celebrations happening but it is also a busy month! As I was thinking of another fun and easy Halloween recipe to share with you all, I took inspiration from my Halloween Monster Cookies.
This recipe uses almost all the same ingredients but you create these fun and simple Oreo Witch Hat Cookies! (btw What a fun idea to make both of these at once for a food craft activity with kids!)
Ingredients Needed for Oreo Witch Hat Cookies:
- Oreos (I suggest Double Stuf)
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Hershey’s Kisses (I used dark because I love the taste and the darker color works nicely for Halloween!)
- My easy small-batch recipe for Buttercream Frosting
- Food Coloring (choose your favorite Halloween colors!)
How to Make Oreo Witch Hat Cookies:
Prepare your ingredients:
Place the Oreos on a plate or flat surface.
Put some of the Halloween sprinkles in a bowl.
Unwrap the Hershey’s Kisses.
Make the Buttercream Frosting:
Mix together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and a little milk.
Depending on how many Halloween colors you want of the frosting, divide your frosting evenly in small bowls and mix in the buttercream frosting.
Just pipe on the frosting a few Oreos at a time so the sprinkles stick.
Pipe on the frosting, add the Hershey kiss, sprinkle on, and press the Halloween sprinkles onto the frosting.
Repeat and enjoy!
Enjoy this super fun and easy recipe for Oreo Witch Hat Cookies!
- 20 Oreos (I suggest Double Stuf)
- Hershey's Kisses (I used dark)
- Halloween Sprinkles
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or heavy cream
- food coloring
- Set out the Oreos on a plate or flat surface. Put some of the Halloween sprinkles in a bowl, Unwarp the Hershey's Kisses.
- Make the buttercream frosting: using a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or a large bowl using a handheld mixer, whip the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, pinch of salt, and milk. Start by mixing on low. Once the powdered sugar is blended, mix on medium-high for 3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl if needed. Beat on low speed for about 30 seconds to help remove any air bubbles.
- If desired, add food coloring by placing the frosting in as many bowls as colors you want to use and string until the color is stirred in well.
- Add each color of frosting in a piping bag with a round tip—pipe on the buttercream frosting onto the tops of the Oreos. Add a Hershey's Kiss and then Halloween sprinkles. Repeat until finished, only doing a few at a time so the sprinkles stick to the frosting.
- Enjoy! Keep any extras in an air-tight container.