These easy Halloween Monster Oreos are super simple and fun to make! Made with Oreos, buttercream frosting with a special ingredient, and decorated with candy eyes and sprinkles. An easy no-bake dessert Halloween treat!
These fun Oreo Monster cookies are the perfect super easy Halloween treat! My kids went crazy for these! I shared it with some of my friends as well and everyone loved it! They are so tasty and pretty cute monsters! Perfect for kids and adults. It’s a great Halloween treat that works as an activity as well!
This would be great for any Halloween party, after-school snack in October, and more!
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN OREO MONSTERS:
Step 1- Pull apart the Oreos and gently scrape the creme filling into a small bowl. (Do not discard!)
Tip: This recipe makes 24 Oreo Monsters but make sure you have more than 24 Oreos because there is a chance a few of them will break when you pull them apart.
Step 2- Make the buttercream frosting- This is my tried and true buttercream frosting recipe with the addition of Oreo creme filling! (I thought it was pretty creative! And makes it taste so good!)
Step 3- Color the frosting your favorite Halloween colors! As you see, I chose green, purple, orange, and yellow.
Tip: If you make purple frosting, you may need to add a little pink food coloring to get the right shade of purple.
Step 4: Using either a small Ziploc bag or multiple piping bags, pipe the frosting on one of the Oreo cookie pieces then top with the other half. Gently pressing down. Decorate as desired with candy eyes and/or sprinkles.
Another tip! If you serve these right away, when you bite into it, the frosting will push out of the sides a little so I like to keep them chilled but take them out of the fridge a little bit before serving them.
You are going to LOVE this super fun recipe I created for my kids! What colors are you going to use for your Halloween Monster Oreos?
MORE HALLOWEEN RECIPES:
- 24 Oreo Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream or whole milk
- food coloring (purple, green, orange, yellow...)
- candy eyes
- Carefully open up each Oreo and scrape off the creme filling, putting it aside in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a large bowl using a handheld mixer, whip the butter and Oreo creme filling for about 2 minutes, or until it's creamy and smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract and a small pinch of salt. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add the heavy cream or milk. Beat on medium-high for about 3 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat on low speed for about 1 minute to help remove any air bubbles.
- Get 1 small bowl per color of food coloring you will be using. (i.e. I used 4 colors and got 4 small bowls.) Divide the buttercream frosting evenly into the bowls. Then using food coloring, stir into each bowl until the desired color is reached.
- Using a small ziploc bag or piping bags with a round tip, put the different colors of frosting into each bag. If using a small ziploc bag, cut a small piece off of the corner so you can pipe it.
- Taking one Oreo at a time, pipe on the frosting, starting around the edges first and then filling in the middle. Carefully take the other half of the Oreo cookie and gently push it on the top. Place candy eyes as you'd like on the Oreo monster and use sprinkles if desired. Repeat until all the Oreos are turned into Monster Oreos.
- These don't have to be chilled right away, but I like to chill it a little so when you bite down on it the frosting won't come out of the sides.
- Enjoy a spooktacular treat!