These Christmas Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a delicious quick and easy dessert to make for Christmas. This no-bake recipe has a chewy and tasty layer of peanut butter rice krispies topped with melted chocolate and peanut butter mixed together for a delicious treat! Make it festive with Christmas sprinkles!
If you haven’t tried Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats, you are missing out! It might be a classic dessert but that doesn’t mean it isn’t incredible. Every time I make this recipe I’m blown away by how good the flavor and texture are. Plus with the added layer of chocolate and peanut butter on top, it takes it to an even higher level of deliciousness!
Another thing to love about this recipe is you likely have all the ingredients you need on hand! It used basic ingredients which is so nice, especially when you need a dessert in a pinch! I love to make dessert for my large family gatherings and this is one of my go-to quick and tasty desserts for a crowd.
You are going to love how quickly this Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat recipe comes together! These are the best rice krispie treats you will ever have!
Ingredients needed to make Christmas Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats:
- Creamy Peanut Butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Vanilla Extract
- Rice Krispie Cereal
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- sprinkles, if using
How to Make Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats:
- Line and spray/butter a 9 x 13 pan.
- Over medium-low heat in a pot, melt together the butter and peanut butter. Stir in the marshmallows until just melted. Remove from heat and add the vanilla extract and salt.
- Fold in the rice krispie cereal and press evenly (but gently) into the prepared pan.
- As it cools, melt together chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Mix in vanilla.
- Spread evenly over the peanut butter rice krispies and if using add the sprinkles.
- Once it cools, cut and enjoy!
Tips for Making Christmas Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats:
-After the marshmallows have melted you can add a small handful more of marshmallows that you don’t let melt for extra marshmallows chewy deliciousness!
-When you press the rice krispies into the pan be sure NOT to press too hard in order to have softer and chewy rice krispie treats.
-If you want more chocolate/peanut butter layer on top, double the recipe. My recipe calls for a thin layer because it’s already a pretty sweet treat but really the more chocolate the better right?!
-To serve more people or just have a smaller dessert to serve, this recipe is fabulous for cutting into smaller pieces.
-Store leftovers in an airtight container. if you are anything like me and my kids it won’t last long though!
Enjoy and make sure to share this amazing recipe with family and friends! You are going to love the rich and buttery, chewy, and soft flavor!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat Layer
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Measure out the rice krispie cereal and set it aside.
3. In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stir the butter for a few minutes, until completely melted and starts to foam a little. Mix in the peanut butter. Once incorporated, stir in the mini marshmallows until melted. (I like to take it off the heat when there are still a few marshmallows not completely melted.) Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract and salt.
4. Fold in the rice krispie cereal until evenly coated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly with a spatula. (Don't press too hard.) Let cool.
5. In a medium-size microwave bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. And then microwave in 10-second bursts, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted, and the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour over the cooled rice krispie treats and spread evenly. Top with sprinkles if using.
7. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to help set. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
Keep stored in an airtight container at room temperature.