Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies- Soft and chewy chocolate cookies full of Andes Mints and melty chocolate chips.
Andes Mints + chocolate cookies= the most amazing cookies! I’ve been in love with this chocolate cookie recipe for a few years now. I’ve added M&M’s and PB Cups and thought Andes Mints would be the perfect mix-in, especially with St. Patrick’s Day coming up and I sure was right! These cookies were AMAZING!!
The Andes Mint adds the best flavor to these! I added some chocolate chips as well to up the melty chocolatey factor and it was perfect! And if you really love mint feel free to add mint chips instead!
Look at that amazing mint and chocolatey goodness! I shared some of these with my friends and they loved it too!
You might also like:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, preferably room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tbsp. milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup Andes Creme de Menthe Chocolate Baking Chips (or chopped Andes Mints) plus a little more for topping
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or Mint Chips for more mint flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the egg and vanilla, scrape down the bowl if needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in the mixer on low speed just until incorporated. Mix in the milk on the lowest speed and fold in the Andes Mints and chocolate chips.
- Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls and place on the baking sheets. Top each cookie with a little more Andes Mints.
- Bake 10-11 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from here