you can package them up for gifts! I adapted my favorite Muddy Buddy recipe to use the whole box and I was able to get 7 gift bags from it. I would have done more at once but I didn’t have a bowl big enough so I made this recipe twice. The scattered sprinkling of the Christmas M&M’s looks very fun and festive.
Here are your main ingredients. I used 1 package of M&M’s for 2 batches.
I used 2 cookie sheets to cool the Muddy Buddies.
To package it, I used cello bags and poured in a small amount of Muddy Buddies then sprinkled in some M&M’s and repeated the layers then tied it with a ribbon and put a cute Christmas to, from tag on it. This is a perfect gift for friends and neighbors! It’s also the perfect party snack! Feel free to change this up a little. You could add pretzels, mini peanut butter cups or whatever you think would go well with it!
- 1 box (12.8 oz.) (about 13 cups) Rice Chex, Corn Chex Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- *2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Holiday M&M's
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside. Pour cereal into a very large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-1.5 quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar and gently stir into chocolate covered cereal. Spread cereal on the two baking sheets to cool. Once cool, put the Muddy Buddies into the desired container or gift bags, by adding
a small amount ofMuddy Buddies then sprinkle a few M&M’s and repeat.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
-Optional add-in ideas: pretzels, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter M&M's etc.
-If you prefer, you can toss the muddy buddies with the powdered sugar using a large paper bag or Ziploc bag. (In batches for the Ziploc bag.)