you can package them up for gifts! I adapted my favorite Muddy Buddy recipe to use the whole box and I was able to get 7 gift bags from it. I would have done more at once but I didn’t have a bowl big enough so I made this recipe twice. The scattered sprinkling of the Christmas M&M’s looks very fun and festive.
UPDATE: I now have THE cutest Christmas tags to make giving Muddy Buddies to your neighbors, friends, etc. even more fun! You can find those tags HERE!
Here are your main ingredients. I used 1 package of M&M’s for 2 batches.
It’s such a fun recipe to make, don’t you think?!
I used 2 cookie sheets to cool the Muddy Buddies.
To package it, I used cello bags and poured in some Muddy Buddies then sprinkled in some M&M’s and repeated the layers then tied it with a ribbon and attached my custom-created Christmas Muddy Buddy tags to it. “There’s no BUDDY like you!” How fun is that saying? This is a perfect gift for friends and neighbors! It’s also the perfect party snack!
- 1 box (12.8 oz.) (about 13 cups) Rice Chex, Corn Chex Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- *2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into smaller pieces
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Holiday M&M's
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside. Pour cereal into a very large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-1.5 quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar and gently stir into chocolate covered cereal. Spread cereal on the two baking sheets to cool. Once cool, put the Muddy Buddies into the desired container or gift bags, by adding
a small amount ofMuddy Buddies then sprinkle a few M&M’s and repeat.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
-Optional add-in ideas: pretzels, mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter M&M's etc.
-If you prefer, you can toss the muddy buddies with the powdered sugar using a large paper bag or Ziploc bag. (In batches for the Ziploc bag.)