Easy and flavorful Garlic Parmesan Red Mashed Potatoes are the perfect tasty side dish!
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that everyone loves. It’s the star at Thanksgiving along with turkey, at least in my opinion. I love a good classic mashed potato recipe but sometimes it’s fun to switch the flavors up.
I’ve been making this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Red Potatoes for a few months now and am so excited to be sharing it with you all today! I was blown away by the simplicity of this recipe because the flavor is outstanding!
The ingredients are simple but amazing:
- Red Potatoes- These are the best potatoes for keeping the skin on because of the flavor and great texture.
- Garlic- The recipe calls for 2 garlic cloves but feel free to use 1 less or more depending on how much garlic flavor you like. You could even just add garlic salt if you want less garlic flavor.
- Butter– Adds delicious flavor to mashed potatoes. You surprisingly don’t need to add very much to this recipe and it still tastes amazing.
- Milk- Makes the mashed potatoes creamier. Just don’t use skim milk.
- Salt- A must for mashed potatoes!
- Parmesan- The perfect addition to this recipe to up the flavor even more!
I took this picture just after mashing it with a hand mixer so it’s still pretty chunky. But just keep mashing it and it gets smoother or you can use a hand mixer to get a smooth texture.
This recipe is seriously amazing! You will love it!
- 2½ pounds red potatoes, unpeeled, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- optional: chopped parsley
- Add potatoes and garlic in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain well. Add butter, milk, and salt.
- Mash with a potato masher or for a smoother texture, with a hand mixer. Mash until desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Top with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Slightly adapted from Genius Kitchen