Easy and flavorful Garlic Parmesan Red Mashed Potatoes are the perfect tasty side dish!
Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that everyone loves. It’s the star at Thanksgiving along with turkey, at least in my opinion. I love a good classic mashed potato recipe but sometimes it’s fun to switch the flavors up.
I’ve been making this recipe for Garlic Parmesan Red Potatoes for a few months now and am so excited to be sharing it with you all today! I was blown away by the simplicity of this recipe because the flavor is outstanding!
**If you want to make mashed potatoes with Yukon Gold or Russet potatoes you will LOVE my recipe for CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES**
The ingredients are simple but amazing:
- Red Potatoes- These are the best potatoes for keeping the skin on because of the flavor and great texture.
- Garlic- The recipe calls for 2 garlic cloves but feel free to use 1 less or more depending on how much garlic flavor you like. You could even just add garlic salt if you want less garlic flavor.
- Butter– Adds delicious flavor to mashed potatoes. You surprisingly don’t need to add very much to this recipe and it still tastes amazing.
- Milk- Makes the mashed potatoes creamier. Just don’t use skim milk.
- Salt- A must for mashed potatoes!
- Parmesan- The perfect addition to this recipe to up the flavor even more!
Making Garlic Parmesan Red Mashed Potatoes is Easy:
1- Add rinsed potatoes (quartered) and garlic cloves to a pot of water.
2- Boil, then simmer until potatoes are tender.
3- Drain, add butter, milk, salt, and pepper.
4. Mash until desired consistency.
5. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Top with parsley if desired.
6. Time to enjoy!
I took this picture just after mashing it with a hand mixer so it’s still pretty chunky. But just keep mashing it and it gets smoother or you can use a hand mixer to get a smooth texture.
Here’s a picture of these Garlic Parmesan Red Mashed Potatoes with the texture smoother. It’s delicious either way!
This recipe is seriously amazing! You will love it!
* *CHECK OUT THE BEST THANKSGIVING RECIPES! * *
Garlic Parmesan Red Mashed Potatoes
Slightly adapted from Genius Kitchen
Also, check out my recipe for CREAMY GARLIC MASHED POTATOES
Rachel H says
Who knew mashed potatoes could be so flavorful! What a killer recipe! Thank you Becky!
You are welcome! It’s such a great recipe! 🙂
Carol S says
Wow! I couldn’t believe how good this was. I wasn’t sure what I would think with just adding 3 tablespoons butter but the flavor was incredible!
Candi D says
I boiled the potatoes before I saw the recipe so I sauted the garlic in butter then mixed everything together. It turned out great thanks for the recipe.
I’m glad you still loved it! I’ve actually done the same thing because I only had minced garlic and I thought it would taste better sauteed first. Smart thinking! 🙂
How many servings is this? May need to double?
It makes around 6 to 9 servings. it’s really easy to double. I tripled it a couple weeks ago and it turned out great! Enjoy! 💗
This is my second time making this recipe. My whole family loves it. It is easy to make, so full of flavor, and tastes great.
Thank you for sharing.
Thank you so much for letting me know! We love it too! 🙂