Christmas time is such a busy time of year. As much as I love spending time baking in the kitchen it’s so nice to have an easy and delicious recipe that can be quickly made. That’s why I love this recipe so much. You just mix together a few ingredients, press it into a pan and top it with chocolate and you are done! It does need some time to chill but that doesn’t take anytime away from you. I topped these with red and green sprinkles to make it the perfect quick Christmas treat!
These bars are pretty awesome. The peanut butter layer consists of butter, crushed graham crackers, peanut butter, and powdered sugar. Then it’s topped with a little melted peanut butter and chocolate. This was my first time making no-bake peanut butter bars and I was impressed! Such a delicious tasty dessert with such little effort. This would be the perfect neighbor treat for Christmas this year! You can cut the bars into large or small squares. Whichever you prefer.
One Year Ago: Chocolate Dipped Brownie Bites
Two Years Ago: Christmas Muddy Buddies
Three Years Ago: Cheese and Bacon Potato Rounds
Four Years Ago: Southwestern Eggrolls
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 8 full sheets)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup + 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter (not natural style)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8 or 9x9 square baking pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar and salt together until combined. Stir in ¾ cup of peanut butter. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl, microwave 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter with the chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Chill until completely firm, at least 2 hours. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting.
Slightly adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction