This recipe for One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice is ready in under 25 minutes! The perfect quick and tasty recipe! It’s loaded with chicken, rice, carrots, and more. It’s finished off with cream and Parmesan. A meal everyone will love!
As much as I enjoy cooking, making dinner night after night can be tiresome. This One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice has been a lifesaver! I’ve already made it a few times. My kids LOVE it and I LOVE how easy and fast it is! Bonus- cleaning up is quick too with this recipe being made in one pot.
Easy One Pot Recipe!
This delicious recipe for One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice is a weeknight dinner dream!
-Comes together in 25 minutes.
-Is made in only one pot.
-Uses mostly pantry staples.
-It’s creamy and cheesy!
Ingredients for One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice:
- Butter- You’ll cook the onions, carrots, and chicken in butter for delicious flavor!
- Onion, Carrots, and Garlic- Gives this recipe a boost of nutrition and makes it taste so good!
- Chicken breast- Or you can use chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Italian seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, salt & pepper- These seasonings make this recipe extra yummy!
- Chicken Broth- I used Better than Bouillon but you can use whichever way you prefer to get chicken broth or you can even use chicken stock.
- White Long Grain Rice- Use your favorite type of white long grain rice but DO NOT use instant or minute rice!
- Heavy Cream- You’ll add a little of this when the rice is cooked through. It makes this Chicken and Rice recipe so creamy!
- Parmesan Cheese- For some cheesy delicious goodness! Use freshly grated if possible but it’s ok if you use the pre-shredded.
- Fresh Parsley for the top- Use fresh if possible but dried parsley is fine too.
A few more tips for making this One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice Recipe
-Use rotisserie chicken if you want. Just cut it into bite-sized pieces. Add after cooking the vegetables and skip the chicken cooking time.
-Switch up the vegetables if you want. You can add or omit vegetables from what I have listed. Some ideas to add would be celery, peas, or mushrooms.
-I love adding some garlic salt on top with the garlic salt grinder from Trader Joe’s. You can try that or your favorite go-to seasoning. (Such a season salt.)
I hope you enjoy this family favorite recipe of ours! One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice is a dinner you’ll want on repeat!
One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice
This recipe for One Pot Creamy Chicken and Rice is ready in under 25 minutes! The perfect quick and tasty recipe! It's loaded with chicken, rice, carrots, and more. It's finished off with cream and Parmesan. A meal everyone will love!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked white long grain rice
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (freshly grated if possible)
- Fresh parsley, for top (dried works as well)
1. In a large saucepan (about 3 quarts) over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onions and carrots. Cook for about 4 minutes, until it starts to soften.
2. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Then add the chicken. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Then add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and paprika.
3. Toss the chicken and occasionally stir until the chicken is golden on each side, about 5 minutes. (But not yet cooked through.)
4. Add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute.
5. Add the chicken broth, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Stir in the rice, return the liquid to a boil and cover tightly. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 16-18 minutes or until the rice is cooked and tender.
6. Turn the heat off and stir in the heavy cream then the Parmesan cheese. Taste and add more salt, or pepper if desired.
7. Top with minced parsley, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply