Alphabet Graham Crackers are such a fun and delicious way to spell out whatever words you would like! From “Happy Birthday” to “Congratulations” or spelling your child’s name, the options are endless! This is also a great way to teach little ones the alphabet. You can even go an extra step and cover it with melted chocolate and sprinkles to make it more festive and tasty!
These Alphabet Graham Crackers are my new obsession! My kids go crazy for these and especially love when I spell their name, it’s my husband’s favorite late night snack, and my favorite on the go healthyish snack. Plus how fun is it to spell out whatever you want?! (Side-note my cute kids saw me working on this post and said, “Mom! You have more of these cookies?” They LOVE it!)
I have been making my tried and true Homemade Graham Cracker recipe for years. It’s such a great recipe because it’s easy, tasty, fun, and healthier than most cookie recipe. While this is a Graham Cracker recipe, I bake it for less time and that makes it softer and more cookie like.
I first got the idea to make Alphabet Graham Crackers when I was deciding how to announce my pregnancy. A local donut shop near me makes Alphabet Donut cookies and you can order whatever words you want, decorate however you want. It’s such a fun idea so I thought I could adapt that idea using my Graham Cracker recipe.
I bought the cutest 3-inch cookie cutters and had a blast with the endless word possibilities!
Here are some fun ideas for words to spell out!
This is great for family, friends, or just yourself to make you smile.
Your child’s name. When my son Asher saw I made this for him he got the biggest smile on his face!
It’s always a good idea to show your gratitude!
Let your loved ones know that you love them!
A fun way to congratulate those in our life celebrating lifes special occasions.
Another fun thing about this recipe is teaching little ones their ABC’s in a fun way!
They can say the letters, move around the letters to spell words, and then enjoy a tasty treat!
And my favorite one, “I love you” topped with chocolate and sprinkles! This was for my awesome husband and he loved it!
It tastes SO delicious topped with chocolate you guys! I hope you try it.
Let me know in the comments what words you want to spell out first!
Have fun with this recipe!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, chilled & cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- optional: 1 tablespoon wheat germ or flax seed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor or mixer combine the first 6 ingredients. (If using wheat germ or flax seed add here.)
- Add cubed and chilled butter to the mix and pulse/mix until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add honey, water, and vanilla and continue to mix until it all combines.
- Remove and shape the dough into a flat disk and place between two pieces of wax or parchment paper. (I found it easier to roll the dough w/o a sheet on top of the dough. If the dough seems to be slightly sticky, lightly cover the wax paper with flour.)
- Roll dough out until ¼ inch thick. Cut out desired alphabet letters or other shapes. Combine the dough scraps and roll out again to cut more letters.
- Place cookies on a Silpat or parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10. (This will result in a softer, cookie-like graham cracker if you want it crispier like a graham cracker bake for up to 13 minutes.)
- Cool and serve.
- Cover with melted chocolate and sprinkles if desired.