A while ago I was making cookies and I ended up with way more cookie dough than expected. I didn’t want to make it all and end up with a ton of tempting cookies to eat so I decided to freeze it. It turned out to be a fabulous idea! It’s the easiest thing to do. All you do is roll the dough into balls, freeze it on a cookie sheet and then put it in a zip-lock bag until you want to bake it. Then just add a couple minutes to the baking time.
How to Freeze Cookie Dough
1. Make cookie dough
2. Take a baking sheet and line with wax paper, parchment paper or a silpat.
3. Roll cookie dough into balls and place on baking sheet.
4. Place baking sheet with cookie dough balls in freezer and freeze for a couple of hours.
5. Remove from freezer and place in a labeled freezer zip-locked bag. Remove as much air as possible.
6. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
7. When ready to use cookie dough, bake as directed only adding a couple more minutes to the bake time.
(Note: Keeps well in freezer for up to 3 months.)