Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie is the perfect way to add more protein to your day. This smoothie is rich, creamy, tasty, and nutritious!
Chocolate and Peanut Butter are a match made in heaven! I love desserts using both ingredients but have been trying to increase my protein intake lately so I have been working on this recipe for this Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie. I love this recipe because it is so delicious and creamy and it’s also nutritious and energy-boosting!
This recipe is fast to make and perfect for breakfast, a snack, a post-workout meal, or even dessert. It’s that tasty!
Ingredients Needed to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie:
- Banana: Make sure it’s frozen! It will make the smoothie creamy, sweet, and bonus! It adds potassium.
- Chocolate Protein Powder: This adds a good dose of protein, which helps with muscle repair and recovery, and keeps you feeling full for longer. I LOVE the Just Ingredients Chocolate Protein Powder. It’s high in protein, uses clean ingredients, and tastes delicious.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder adds a delicious chocolatey touch without sugar.
- Peanut Butter: A natural source of protein and healthy fats, peanut butter also adds a delicious nutty flavor. I like to use the Kirkland Brand of natural peanut butter for no extra added sugar.
- Vanilla Extract: Just a little adds a delicious aromatic vanilla flavor.
- Old Fashioned Oats: You can add old-fashioned oats or quick oats. I love adding oats for extra nutrients. Oats have fiber and minerals plus it keeps you full for longer as it’s a source of slow-releasing energy. I love the texture it gives to the smoothie, although if you don’t like that you can use yogurt instead.
- Milk of Choice: Choose your favorite type of milk.
- Ice: This helps to keep the smoothie cold and thick, I don’t always add this, it usually just depends on how frozen my banana is.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie:
All you need to do is add all the ingredients, and blend until smooth!
If you want the smoothie to be extra creamy, thick, and chilled, add ice.
For a nice presentation, melt some peanut butter to drizzle on top, add chopped chocolate, and a few sliced bananas.
Different Ways to Customize Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie:
Use your favorite type of milk: almond, coconut, oat, regular etc.
Add yogurt for even more creaminess and protein. Sometimes I add high-protein yogurt to increase my protein intake.
Swap the peanut butter: You could use almond butter, cashew butter etc., or even add PB2 for less calories and fat.
Switch the protein powder flavor: I love to use chocolate protein powder in this but feel free to use another flavor that sounds good.
Include more nutrient-dense ingredients: Such as collagen, flaxseed, chia seeds, or hemp seed.
More Amazing Recipes with Chocolate and Peanut Butter:
- Chocolate Protein Energy Bites
- Big Batch Muddy Buddies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat
- Disneyland’s Chocolate Peanut Butter Sandwich
- Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn
- 1 large frozen ripe banana
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½-3/4 cup milk of choice
- optional: ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend for 1-2 minutes, or until smooth, adding more milk if needed. Enjoy!
- Optional: Top with melted peanut butter, chopped chocolate, or mini chocolate chips, and a few sliced bananas.