These are the best Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies! Soft and chewy on the inside and crispy on the outside. The Cadbury Mini Eggs add a delicious crunch, beautiful color to the cookies, and more delicious chocolate flavor! You can make these cookies with either milk or royal dark chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs.
You can also use M&M’s if you can’t find Cadbury Mini Eggs.
Cookies are my favorite dessert! Add chocolate and I am in heaven! You are going to LOVE these Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies! I have been making cookies for a long time and no doubt, these are the best cookies I have ever had!
Why these Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best:
Texture and Taste: These cookies are soft and chewy on the inside and crunchy on the outside. The combination of chocolate chips and Cadbury mini eggs gives you a smooth chocolate texture from the chocolate chips and a crunchy chocolate taste from the Cadbury mini eggs. The base to this recipe is my FAVORITE Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that tastes AMAZING!
Fun and Colorful Appearance: The Cadbury mini eggs are so colorful! If you choose to use the milk chocolate Cadbury mini eggs you’ll have a pretty pastel color scheme and if you use the Royal Dark Cadbury mini eggs you’ll get a darker but still beautiful color scheme.
Easy to Make: This recipe is simple and easy to follow. It’s a one-bowl recipe that is quick to make.
These cookies are so good you will want to enjoy them year-round! If you aren’t able to make them when Cadbury mini eggs are in stock, using M&M’s is a fantastic alternative.
Ingredients Needed to Make Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies:
Full recipe at the bottom.
- Brown Sugar
- Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- Vanilla extract
- Baking Soda
- All-purpose flour
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Cadbury Mini Eggs (Milk or Dark)
- *Or can instead use M&M’s
How to Make Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly mix in the flour without over-mixing.
- Fold in chocolate chips and crushed Cadbury mini eggs. (This is the perfect time to sneak a taste of the dough!)
- Scoop the dough into balls.
- Top with more chocolate chips and slightly crushed Cadbury mini eggs.
- Chill the dough.
Royal Dark Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
I heard that last year they didn’t sell the Cadbury Mini Eggs Royal Dark so this year when I saw some bags at Target I knew I had to try it! Not only do they taste amazing alone as a treat, but they also make these cookies incredible! And of course, if you choose to use the regular milk chocolate Cadbury mini eggs they are so good too!
The recipe is the same using the Royal Dark Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs. Sometimes I made half a batch with milk and half with dark. I personally prefer the dark chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs. My family and I actually loved the Royal Dark Chocolate Cadbury Mini Eggs so much that we ate too many and I had to run to the store the morning before I took these pictures so I would have enough for the cookies. haha
Keep the leftover cookies in an airtight container.
To freeze the dough: place the dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and stick them in the freezer for about 1 hour. Place the frozen dough balls in a large gallon zip lock bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. (Note, when ready to bake it will likely need a little more time to bake than listed in the recipe.)
If the cookies spread more than you would like you can use a circle cookie cutter, biscuit cutter, or a fork to press the sides in.
Top with flakey sea salt right as the cookies come out of the oven for a delicious taste.
I highly recommend stocking up on Cadbury Mini Eggs around Easter time but if you don’t have any on hand using M&M’s is a fantastic alternative.
I only share the best recipes on my blog that are tried and true! I tested this recipe SO many times the last few months and this recipe you have here truly is PERFECT! When I enjoyed this delicious cookie from the above picture I was amazed at how incredible it was. HEAVEN!
ENJOY these cookies my friends!
You Might Also Like:
- 3/4 cup butter (1 ½ sticks), softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup Cadbury mini eggs, crushed
- 1/3 cup Cadbury mini eggs, slightly crushed, for the tops
- In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, and brown and granulated sugar together on medium speed, beating until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated on low speed. Turn the mixer up to medium-high and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 30 seconds then add the flour 1 cup at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and crushed Cadbury mini eggs and either beat for a few seconds on low speed or fold in by hand.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of the dough or roll into balls onto a lined baking sheet. Top with the slightly crushed Cadbury mini eggs and more chocolate chips. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough for at least 1 hour or longer. (Overnight or a couple of days works too.) Or chill for 20-25 minutes in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Spread cookie dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just golden. Make sure not to over bake, the cookies will set up as they cool.
- Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. (Store in an airtight container.)