These Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are easy to make and perfect for sharing! The sugar cookie bars are chewy, soft, and flavorful and the vanilla buttercream frosting is creamy and delicious! Color the frosting orange or any color you’d like, and top it with Halloween sprinkles. You’ll love this easy Halloween dessert!
Check out all my FAVORITE HALLOWEEN RECIPES HERE!
Halloween is coming soon! It seems like everyone I talk to this month has been so busy. If you feel like that too or just need a quick and fun dessert for Halloween, I got you! These Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars not only look super fun they taste so good!
The cookie layer is soft, buttery, and chewy. The buttercream frosting tastes smooth and creamy. And the sprinkles and candy eyes make it so fun! I adapted this recipe from a reader favorite dessert, Berries and Cream Bars. I think you will love these delicious and easy Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars!
WHY THESE SUGAR COOKIE BARS ARE SO GREAT:
- This recipe is quick and easy!
- It is better than sugar cookies because no chilling the dough, rolling it out, shaping it, baking it, waiting for it to cool, and then frosting it.
- The Sugar Cookie dough comes together quickly in one bowl and bakes for 14 minutes or less!
- The Vanilla Buttercream Frosting is also an easy 1 bowl recipe.
- You can use food coloring to make the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting in any color you please! I used orange but purple or green would be a good option for Halloween or just keeping it white would be a great option.
- Top these bars with Halloween sprinkles and if you want candy eyes.
- The taste and texture of these Hallowen Sugar Cookie Bars are INCREDIBLE! Every bar is soft, chewy, and SO flavorful!
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN SUGAR COOKIE BARS:
FOR THE DOUGH: Cream together the butter with sugar, and powdered sugar. Add butter, vanilla, and eggs. Then add baking powder and salt. Then finish it off by adding the flour. Press into a 9×13 pan that has been greased. These sugar cookie bars don’t stick to the pan! Bake for 12-14 minutes and let cool.
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING: Beat the butter with the paddle attachment. This helps reduce air bubbles in the frosting. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar along with cream or milk, vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and if using, food coloring.
ASSEMBLE: Spread the frosting in an even layer over the sugar cookie bars. Top with sprinkles, and if using candy eyes. Cut and enjoy!
* CHECK OUT –> 15 QUICK AND FUN HALLOWEEN RECIPES HERE! *
Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars
These Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars are easy to make and perfect for sharing! The sugar cookie bars are chewy, soft, and flavorful and the vanilla buttercream frosting is creamy and delicious! Color the frosting orange or any color you'd like, and top it with Halloween sprinkles. You'll love this easy Halloween dessert!
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream (or milk)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- optional: food coloring, sprinkles, and candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, powdered sugar, and butter for about 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and eggs. Beat until smooth. Scrape down the sides if needed. Add the baking powder and salt. Mix until combined. Then slowly add in the flour, and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula or your hands, evenly spread the cookie dough into the prepared pan. Bake for 12-14 minutes, do not overbake.
- Cool completely.
- For the Frosting: In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl using beaters, whip the butter for about 2 minutes, or until it's creamy and lightened in color. Slowly add in the powdered sugar. Add the vanilla extract and heavy cream or milk. Start with 3 tablespoons of cream or milk and add 1 more tablespoon if the frosting seems to be too thick.
- Beat on medium-high for 3-5 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice. If using food coloring mix it in. Beat on low speed for about 1 minute to help remove any air bubbles.
- Spread the buttercream frosting evenly over the cooled bars and top with sprinkles and if using, candy eyes. Cut into 24 pieces.
For even clean lines when cutting the sugar cookie bars, put the pan in the freezer for about 5 minutes before cutting. (Or the fridge for about 20 minutes.)
Leave a Reply