These Halloween Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a fast and fun Halloween treat! The peanut butter rice krispie treats are gooey, buttery, and flavorful. Delicious melted chocolate with peanut butter is spread over the top and it’s topped with cute Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins with candy eyes to make the perfect Halloween dessert!
Rice Krispie Treats get a boo-tiful makeover with this super fun and easy recipe for Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats! This recipe is similar to classic rice krispie treats but peanut butter is added. This makes the rice krispies even better! Softer and tastier than the classic recipe! This is such a great no-bake dessert!
I then topped it with an incredibly delicious layer of chocolate peanut butter. I was inspired by my Peanut Butter Lovers Muddy Buddy recipe. Then I added candy eyes to Reese’s Pumpkins, pressed it onto the chocolate layer, added Halloween sprinkles, and this yummy and simple recipe was created!
I haven’t made rice krispie treats in a long time! I was reminded just how easy it is to make! And let me tell you all, I am not kidding when I say this is one of my favorite dessert recipes on my blog now! It’s that good! There are so many different textures and flavors! It’s so good! I’m so glad I decided to create and make this super fun Halloween recipe. These Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are going to be your new favorite too!
HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN REESE’S PUMPKIN PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
First, you’ll melt over the stove-top butter for a few minutes then mix in the peanut butter. Next melt the marshmallows.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt. Then mix in the rice krispie cereal.
Next, press into a 9×13 inch pan.
Top the Reese’s pumpkins with candy eyes. You can even add a fun mouth to it.
Melt the chocolate, peanut butter, and butter together. Then stir in the vanilla extract.
Evenly spread over the peanut butter rice krispie treat and then add the Reese’s Pumpkins, evenly spaced out for either cutting out 12-16 pieces. (I did 12)
Top with sprinkles, chill, and enjoy!
TIPS FOR MAKING HALLOWEEN REESE’S PUMPKIN PEANUT BUTTER RICE KRISPIE TREATS
-You can use regular size marshmallows if needed but I like to use the mini size because it melts fast and I like having little chunks of marshmallow that hasn’t melted completely. Plus that will help keep your rice krispies softer by not over-melting the marshmallows.
-Don’t press these too hard into the pan. When it’s pressed too hard it isn’t as gooey and chewy.
-You can add a fun mouth on the Pumpkins if you’d like. Some ways to do it would be just to add a single long jimmy sprinkle horizontal, use food coloring markers, or candy you think might work. Get creative!
-When you cut them out into either 12-16 pieces you may need to trim some of the squares to make the Reese’s pumpkin more centered. (That makes for an awesome little snack!)
-Store leftovers in an airtight container. if you are anything like me and my kids it won’t last long though!
(links are Amazon affiliate links but are products I love and recommend.)
You are going to LOVE these incredibly delicious Reese’s Pumpkin Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats! It’s rich and buttery, so tasty with the amazing combination of chocolate and peanut butter, and a super cute and fun Halloween dessert!
This is also a fabulous recipe without the Halloween touch, throughout the year! It’s definitely going to be on repeat in my house year-round!
You Might Also Like:
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat Layer
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 10 oz. mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
Chocolate Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins (12-16)
- Candy eyes
- Halloween sprinkles
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Measure out the rice krispie cereal and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, stir the butter for a few minutes, until completely melted and starts to foam a little. Mix in the peanut butter. Once incorporated, stir in the mini marshmallows until melted. (I like to take it off the heat when there are still a few marshmallows not completely melted.) Remove from heat and add in the vanilla extract and salt.
- Fold in the rice krispie cereal until evenly coated. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press evenly with a spatula. (Don't press too hard.) Let cool.
- Add the candy eyes to the Reese’s peanut butter pumpkins.
- In a medium-size microwave bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. And then microwave in 10-second bursts, stirring in between, until chocolate is completely melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour over the cooled rice krispie treats and spread evenly. Top with 12-16 of the Reese’s Pumpkins (with the eyes already pressed in.) And then scatter the Halloween sprinkles all around.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to help set. Cut into squares. Enjoy!
- Keep stored in an airtight container at room temperature.