This simple recipe for Buffalo Chicken Dip is easy to make and full of your favorite buffalo wing flavors! It’s a slightly spicy and creamy dip. Made with chicken, cream cheese, dry ranch, other seasonings, and plenty of cheese! It’s perfect for game days, parties, etc! Serve with chips, crackers, veggies, etc.
Is there anything better than a delicious dip that is EASY to prepare?! I am a huge fan of Buffalo Wings! I have a few variations on my blog that have been popular for years, especially around the Super Bowl. Some of your favorites are Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings, Buffalo Wild Wings Spicy Garlic Sauce, Honey BBQ Baked Boneless Wings, and Crock-Pot Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
Those are all amazing tried and true recipes and today I am excited to share with you my easiest Buffalo Chicken Wing recipe yet! Buffalo Chicken Dip! It only takes minutes to prepare and tastes incredible! It’s a crowd-pleasing dish! The perfect appetizer and snack! I’ve been enjoying it this week with crackers for a morning snack.
The ingredients are simple but when they come together it’s magical! I made this recipe a few times to get the ingredients just right. I tested it with both dry ranch and regular ranch and liked the flavor better with dry ranch. I also tested it with sour cream but thought it took away from an authentic buffalo wing flavor.
- Cream Cheese: This is what makes the dip so creamy!
- Butter: I tested this recipe with and without butter and the butter gives it a richer, better flavor.
- Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce: You can’t go wrong with Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce! This is a staple in our house for good reason! Feel free to add more or less to taste. I found 1/2 cup to be perfect for my liking. (affil. link)
- Dry Ranch Dressing: I really liked the flavor of this dip better with dry ranch vs regular ranch but feel free to substitute regular ranch (1/4-1/2 cup)
- Garlic Powder: Gives the dip even more flavor!
- Black pepper: Black pepper makes it even better!
- Cooked Chicken: You can use rotisserie chicken or cook the chicken yourself. Shred it or dice it, both ways are delicious! Tip: season your chicken with plenty of salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings to make this dip even yummier!
- Shredded Cheese: I also tested this with mozzarella and cheddar and I found cheddar to be much better in this dip. You could also use Colby Jack cheese.
- Optional: top with bleu cheese and/or green onions
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
You can either make it in the oven or Slow Cooker.
Mix all the ingredients together and scoop into a 9×9 baking dish. Optional: sprinkle more cheese or bleu cheese on top. Bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
Slow Cooker Version-
Mix all the ingredients together and place it in the Slow Cooker. Cook on low for 1-2 hours or until heated through. Stir. Switch to warm and serve.
You can also make this 1 day in advance. Just mix together all the ingredients, store in the fridge in an air-tight container then reheat the next day either in the oven or Slow Cooker as mentioned above. It may need a little longer than the time listed to be heated through since it will be cold to start with.
What to Serve Buffalo Chicken Dip with:
So many options! Here are a few ideas:
- Potato Chips
- Tortillas Chips
- Scoopable Fritos
- Bread slices
Other Fabulous Game Day and Appetizer Recipes:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Frank's RedHot Buffalo Wing Sauce
- .75 oz. of a 1 oz. packet dry Ranch Dressing Mix (3/4 of the packet)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked shredded or diced chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- optional topping: 2 tablespoons crumbled bleu cheese, 2 tablespoons finely diced green onion
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, hot sauce, dry ranch dressing, garlic powder, and black pepper until mixed well. (I use a hand mixer.) Stir in the chicken and cheese.
3. Spoon into a greased 9x9 baking dish. Optional: top with a handful of more cheddar cheese or bleu cheese.
4. Bake 20-25 minutes or until mixture is heated through.
5. Serve with crackers, chips, pretzels, crusty bread pieces, carrots, celery, etc
To make in a Slow Cooker: Mix all ingredients together, cook in a slower cooker for 1-2 hours on low, or until hot and bubbly. Once heated through, switch the Slow Cooker to the warm setting. Stir before serving.
Store in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Reheat in the microwave or oven until warm. (Time depends on the amount you are reheating.)