The best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread! The bread is moist, full of flavor, and just perfect in every way! This recipe is an easy one-bowl recipe and tastes fabulous for days!
It’s that time of year to break out the pumpkin! I love baking with pumpkin so much and am thrilled to be sharing the perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread with you all! Fall is my favorite season and makes me so happy. I love everything about the season but I especially love the smells that fall brings. And Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is the ultimate fall smell! Baking bread, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, chocolate, pumpkin… Can’t get better than that!
I started recipe testing last year but finished it off this past couple of weeks by making six loaves of bread! I mean it when I say I only share tried and true recipes on my blog. If it doesn’t pass the taste test from me, my family, and friends, I don’t share the recipe on my blog. And I shared this with many people and they all LOVED it!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Light Brown Sugar
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Baking Soda
- All-Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips
Recipe Ingredients Notes and Tips:
1- Make sure you use pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix.
2- I use light brown sugar so the bread isn’t too dark but dark brown is ok too.
3- I don’t love using vegetable oil so I prefer canola oil. Melted coconut oil and applesauce are substitutes that I believe would work just as well but I haven’t recipe tested with them yet.
4- I’ve used buttermilk in place of milk and that works great too. There really isn’t a big difference.
5- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice, you can instead use 2 teaspoons cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon each of nutmeg, cloves, and ginger.
6- You can use your favorite type of chocolate chips. I usually do a mix of semi-sweet and dark.
How to Make Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread:
I’m all about making things easy and quick! This recipe is a simple one-bowl recipe that doesn’t take much time to prepare. You will love it!
1- Whisk or use an electric mixer to combine the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, milk, vanilla extract, and eggs.
2- Mix in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
3- Switch to a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to help you fold in the flour and not overmix.
4- Gently stir in chocolate chips. I add 1 cup but if you prefer less, add 3/4 cup. And you can even make this pumpkin bread without it at all if that’s what you prefer.
5- Spread the batter evenly in a bread pan and top with chocolate chips.
6- Bake for around 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Mine usually took around 70-75 minutes. Ovens vary!
7- Let cool, enjoy!
Right out the oven! This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread not only tastes amazing, but it’s also beautiful!
This bread is incredible! I am officially obsessed.
I recipe tested this same recipe 4 times and never got tired of it.
The pumpkin and spices give it a warm and comforting taste. It’s moist and full of flavor!
You are going to love it! This Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread will make your fall even more special this year.
It’s the perfect snack or dessert!
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPE YOU WILL LOVE!
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup canola oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons chocolate chips, divided
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, brown sugar, oil, milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Add in the pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the flour and using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, gently fold until the flour is just stirred in. Don’t overmix. Mix in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan. Top with the remaining 3 tablespoons chocolate chips.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. (To help prevent too much browning, cover with foil after it has been in the oven for about 30 minutes.) Ovens vary in temperature so that is why you will want to start checking at 60 minutes. It may take up to 75 minutes to bake.
- Cool completely in the pan before removing to slice.
- Store covered at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
*For a substitute for pumpkin pie spice use: 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/4 ground cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger.
-To freeze: Once the bread is completely cooled, slice and wrap individually. Freeze for up to 3 months. (You could also freeze the entire loaf without slicing.)