After trying many recipes for years this is the Best Banana Bread recipe! It’s flavorful and moist! Fluffy and not too dense. Perfect for a snack or cut into smaller pieces to share!
I’ve been trying different banana bread recipes for at least 10 years and have never been completely satisfied. When I made this recipe I knew I had a winner! This was confirmed when I took a bunch to a family party and everyone was complimenting me for how good it was and asking me for the recipe. My sister said it was the most delicious banana bread she’s ever had!
One thing I really love about this Moist Banana Bread is that it’s not dry! So many banana bread recipes are too dry and flavorless. I hesitated to call this recipe “moist” because I know there are people who don’t like that word but it is what it is. No other word can replace it! haha And by moist I don’t mean wet, or heavy, I mean it’s not dry and has just the right amount of moisture.
Do you want to know the secret ingredient? It’s sour cream! Just 1/3 cup. It adds even more flavor and richness to this recipe. And if you don’t have any you can substitute Greek yogurt or even buttermilk. (Note- If you use buttermilk just cut that amount down to 1/4 cup.)
Other add-ins or toppings for banana bread:
walnuts or pecans
raisins or other dried fruit
streusel topping (try this streusel topping from this recipe!)
How to Make This Banana Bread:
1- Cream together softened butter with granulated and brown sugar. Tip: if you don’t have time to soften the butter this recipe is forgiving and you can put it in the microwave JUST until it’s soft and the bread will still turn out great!
2- Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
3- Stir in the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
4- Gently fold in the flour just until it’s moistened. You don’t want to overmix.
5- Pour into baking loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes. Tip: After about 30 minutes cover the banana bread with foil to reduce browning. Also, place the oven rack on the lower third of the oven.
6- Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
You will love this banana bread because it’s full of flavor! Delicious soft banana bread, with a hint of cinnamon, and the perfect texture!
This recipe includes a full teaspoon of cinnamon because I love the flavor it adds. Feel free to add a little less or a little more depending on your preference.
Perfect for cutting up into slices and in half for a crowd!
*Note: For Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Mix in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in the batter and sprinkle on top 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
You might also like:
- Healthier Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Zucchini Bread
- Graham Crackers
- Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
Best Banana Bread
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 8 ounces), 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 9X5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and softened butter. Add the eggs, bananas, sour cream, and vanilla; blend well.
4. Add the baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix in. Then add in the flour and stir just until all the dry ingredients are moistened. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
5. Bake for 55-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. (To help prevent too much browning, cover with foil after it's been in the oven for about 30 minutes.)
6. Cool for five minutes in the pan. Gently turn out onto a cooling rack and cool completely.
7. Store covered at room temperature for 2 days or in the fridge for 1 week.
Bread can be frozen
You can use ½ whole wheat flour, and ½ all-purpose. You can also reduce the sugar by ¼ cup if you prefer.
For Chocolate Chip Banana Bread: Mix in 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips in the batter and sprinkle on top 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
If adding nuts use about 3/4 cup and sprinkle some on top if desired.
To freeze: Let bread cool completely. Tightly wrap the bread, or slices of the bread, in a few layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Put that in a freezer-safe gallon zip-lock bag. Keep in the freezer for 3-4 months. Thaw at room temperature or in the fridge.
Delicious! My new favorite banana bread recipe.
That is wonderful! 🙂
Can you put some kind of crumble on top.
Yes, that should work just fine.
Wish me luck about to make the banana bread!
Wonderful! Hope you loved it!