Super helpful tips for getting the BEST deals on Disneyland tickets! From finding the very cheapest tickets to making the most of what’s included on the tickets. You’ll find all the tips, tricks, and insights you need to get the most out of your Disneyland vacation!
Note- I literally was about to publish this post on the very day Disneyland announced they needed to close their doors in mid-March. I was going to wait to share this post until they were open again but even though we don’t know yet what time will tell, we all need some happiness in our life! Planning and dreaming for Disneyland brings me joy and I hope this post is helpful for you. My family might have to cancel our trip this year but we are still planning on going even if it needs to be postponed.
Disneyland Temporary Closure Updates:
- Disney is currently recommending reservations for Disneyland to start June 1st, 2020. To be safe, Get Away Today is recommending September of 2020.
- Get Away Today has a fabulous Lay-Away Program where you can secure your Disney vacation for only $175 down with full payment not due until 7 days before your vacation.
- Below I have included all of Get Away Today’s Comeback Offers. Deals for this crazy time to encourage you to look forward with hope to the future of Disney and travel!
GET AWAY TODAY COMEBACK SPECIALS
Disneyland® Resort Tickets
- Kids Sale – Kids ages 3-9 save up to $111 on 3-Day Disneyland® Resort tickets for travel by 12/15/2020 when you book by 5/18/2020.
- Extra Day Free – Get your 5th Day Free on Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® or 1-Park per Day Tickets with or without Disney MaxPass Service
Anaheim Area Hotel Offers – Must be booked by May 31, 2020
- Clarion Hotel – Heavily Discounted Rates on All Room Types
- Castle Inn & Suites – 3rd Night Free
- Candlewood Suites – 4th Night Free
- Courtyard Theme Park Entrance Waterpark – Reduced Rates on All Room Types
- Courtyard Anaheim Resort Convention Center – 20% Reduced Rates
- Clementine Suites Anaheim – 25% Reduced Rates on All Rooms Types
- Anaheim Springhill Suites Maingate – 20% Off Rates (2-night min) and 30% Off Rates (4-night min)
- Cambria Hotel & Suites Anaheim – Reduced Rates on All Room Types
Other Southern California Attractions
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Get Adults at Kids’ Prices – Just $59 per person
- Universal Studios Hollywood™ – Save up to $34 per ticket
- LEGOLAND® California Resort – 2nd Day Free on Park Hopper Ticket with Water Park
- SeaWorld San Diego – Weekday Special Ticket for $55.99
We LOVE Disneyland! But let’s be honest, it’s not cheap! We are planning a trip this year with our family of 7 so we spent time searching to be sure we bought our tickets for the BEST DEAL possible! I want to share with you all the things we learned so you can enjoy going to Disneyland as often as possible and have that pure Disney happiness in your life!
Have you heard about all the magic at the Disneyland Resort this year? With so many additions to complement the classic rides and attractions we’re all familiar with, it’s an exciting time! Thanks to my friends at Get Away Today, I have all the details, plus the best deal on Disneyland tickets.
The Best Deal on Disneyland Tickets
First, let’s start with some important tips.
1. Save money and time by buying tickets in advance with Get Away Today.
Do NOT wait until you get to Disneyland to buy tickets! You will ALWAYS spend more if you wait to buy tickets at the gate. The lines will be long, and you won’t get the best deal.
2. The longer you stay at Disneyland the more you save!
We were going to buy 4 day passes for our family but it was only $5 more per person for us to get a 5-day pass! So, of course, that’s what we did. Also, with a 3-day pass, you’ll get a free magic morning pass!
3. Research ticket options beforehand.
Below, I break down the ticket options to see what will work best for you and your Disneyland trip.
1-Park per Day vs Park Hopper
1-park per day will get you the cheapest tickets to Disneyland. But if you are wanting to switch between the parks then you will want to get the park hopper tickets.
The Best Deal on 1-Park per Day Tickets
When you purchase 1-Park per Day Tickets, you have access to one of the two Disneyland theme parks in a single day. You can book 2-Day, 3-Day, 4-Day or 5-Day 1-Park per Day Tickets with Get Away Today, and you’ll pay less than gate prices. Look for discounts including 5-Day Disneyland tickets for the price of just four days, and additional savings for adding a hotel near Disneyland to your vacation. All 3-Day (and longer) 1-Park per Day Tickets booked with Get Away Today includes one Magic Morning, which is early admission to Disneyland Park on select days during your stay.
The Best Deal on Park Hopper Tickets
A Park Hopper Ticket offers access to go between the two Disneyland theme parks throughout a single day. This means if you want to head to Disney California Adventure Park to catch a showing of Frozen – LIVE at the Hyperion, and then head back to Disneyland Park to visit Galaxy’s Edge at night, you’re welcome to do so. This way you can spend more time at the parks as each park usually opens and closes at different hours. You’ll always get the best deal on Park Hopper Tickets when you book with Get Away Today, and can book for 2-, 3-, 4- and 5-Day vacations. You can also take advantage of 5-Day tickets for the price of just four days when you select Park Hoppers. All 3-Day (and longer) Park Hopper Tickets booked with Get Away Today include one Magic Morning, which is early admission to Disneyland Park on select days during your stay.
Disneyland Tickets with MaxPass
If you’re interested in upgrading to Disneyland tickets with MaxPass, you can do so either with Get Away Today when you book, or directly with Disney when you enter the Resort. The price to upgrade is the same, but there is one difference; if you book Disneyland tickets with MaxPass in advance with Get Away Today, you are going to upgrade each day of your vacation. If you upgrade to MaxPass once you arrive at the Resort, you can choose to add MaxPass on select days.
The Max Pass is a LIFESAVER because…
- Each person who upgrades their ticket to include MaxPass has mobile access to the FastPass request service at Disneyland. This allows guests to make FastPass requests in the Disneyland app instead of at physical kiosks. This saves you time from walking to the kiosks, and most importantly with the fast pass you can skip LONG LINES and get into the short fast pass line on the popular rides. This is especially important if you won’t be at Disneyland for more than 1 day to be sure you go on your favorite rides.
- Additionally, MaxPass includes unlimited PhotoPass downloads. There are photographers around the park that take amazing pictures for you and the pictures go directly to your Disney app for easy download. I LOVE the PhotoPass!
California Multi-Park Vacation Package Deals
If you are planning on also enjoying other events/parks in California you will want to get the multi-park vacation package! This will save you so much money. For example some
Here is a graphic I made for my family of 7 to help us see our savings with Get Away Today
The Best Deal on Disneyland Tickets – What’s Included
Some people don’t realize all that is included when they purchase their Disneyland tickets. It’s more than just rides and meeting Disney Characters; theme park admission also gives access to parades, fireworks, performances, and more.
At the Disneyland Resort, your theme park admission includes a number of attractions and entertainment options. Check Disney’s website or the official Disneyland app to see dates and times for events.
What’s Included at Disneyland Park
- The Dapper Dans – A Barbershop Quartet that performs on Main Street, U.S.A..
- Disney Princesses at Royal Hall – In Fantasyland, you can meet up to three Disney Princesses in Royal Hall. They interact with guests, posing for photos and signing autographs.
- Disneyland Band – This band features music and Disney Characters and can be seen in both Frontierland and on Main Street, U.S.A..
- Fantasmic! – This nighttime show in Frontierland includes Disney music and projections accompanied by pyrotechnics. It’s an epic battle between good and evil!
- Flag Retreat Ceremony – Disneyland pays homage to the Armed Forces with a daily flag retreat ceremony on Main Street, U.S.A..
- Mickey and the Magical Map – Fantasyland is home to this live performance, during which guests can see Mickey try his hand at the Sorcerer’s job.
- Pearly Band – This band gets in on the fun, and can usually be found performing while riding King Arthur’s Carousel in Fantasyland.
- Storytelling at Royal Theater – Also in Fantasyland, the Royal Theater hosts storytelling productions.
What’s Included at Disney California Adventure Park
Across the esplanade, you’ll find Disney California Adventure Park. Refer to Disney’s calendar of events to see exact showtimes for the following:
- Animation Academy – While not technically a show, this interactive art lesson in Hollywood Land is a big hit, and is included in theme park admission. Head inside to see the schedule detailing which Disney Character is being drawn at what time. For about 20 minutes, you’ll be guided through the drawing process by a Disney Animator. Then you’ll get to take your drawing home with you at no additional cost.
- Disney Junior Dance Party – Also in Hollywood Land is this family-friendly dance party. Disney Junior Characters make appearances and invite guests to dance along.
- Five and Dime – This jazzy quintet performs as they drive around the Park.
- Frozen – Live at the Hyperion – This Broadway caliber performance is a mix of live actors, puppets and magical effects. It’s about one hour long, and it retells the classic story of the first Frozen film.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Peter Quill is known for his love of music, so you’ll find him, Gamora and Groot occasionally engaging in a dance-off outside their attraction in Hollywood Land.
- Paradise Gardens Bandstand – Each afternoon in Disney California Adventure Park, the Paradise Gardens Bandstand entertains guests as they dine in the Park.
- World of Color – This nighttime spectacular is a must-see. It’s a combination of projections, fountains, music, lasers, lights, and pyrotechnics.
FastPass is Included with Theme Park Admission
FastPass is a free service included with Disneyland tickets. It’s optional to use, but can help you experience more rides while in the Resort. Using either your paper Disneyland tickets or your tickets linked in the Disneyland app, you can request ride return times for select attractions. Head to FastPass kiosks throughout the Resort and scan your tickets or phone; you’ll then be given a return time and will enter a FastPass queue instead of the Standby queue when it’s time to ride. The FastPass queue is designed to offer a shorter wait time for the ride, so you can spend less time in line and more time experiencing the Resort.
A few more tips…
–Download the Disneyland app to start getting familiar with it. You can see park maps, wait times, restaurants, menus, etc. You will NEED the app for your Disneyland trip for your tickets, organizing MaxPass for your group, making restaurant reservations, etc.
–Research the food ahead of time to be sure you get to enjoy the best food at Disneyland! My next Disney post will include my favorite foods at Disneyland so stay tuned! But honestly, almost all the food is amazing, so do plan on enjoying amazing food!
–Save on Disneyland parking Get Away Today by getting a hotel close enough to walk to the hotel. There actually are quite a few value hotels walking distances to Disneyland. Or you can also check with hotels before you book to see if they offer a shuttle service. can help you navigate through the many hotel options available.
–Consider a Disneyland package- If you will be at Disneyland for more than a few days it is worth it! It’s a great way to save on your tickets and hotel.
Find the Best Deal on Disneyland Tickets
Now you know some of what to expect at the Disneyland Resort, and what types of tickets are available. You will always find the best deal on Disneyland tickets at Get Away Today, and can enjoy an additional $10 in savings when you add a hotel to your vacation. Mention Love to Be in the Kitchen and code Kitchen10 when you book with Get Away Today. Find discount Disneyland tickets at www.getawaytoday.com, or call a travel expert at 855-GET-AWAY.