Gender Reveal Double Chocolate Cookies- An easy recipe for a fun and delicious way to announce the gender of your baby or a super cute treat for a baby shower! This recipe also is fabulous just as a regular Double Chocolate Chip Cookie.
Gender Reveal recipes are some of my favorite recipes to create! You can find all my previous recipes plus more in this post: 20+ Sweet Gender Reveal Ideas. I have to admit though, by far this cookie recipe I am sharing today is my favorite! It’s SUPER easy, the contrast from the chocolate to the pink/blue is stunning, and the taste is incredible. No lie, these are seriously one of the best cookies I’ve made/had in my life! (See my other favorite.)
I’m so proud of this recipe! I love creating recipes and this is by far one of my favorite creations! You most likely have all the ingredient you need except for possibly blue or pink candy melts. You can find these on Amazon, Walmart, Hobby Lobby etc.
The double chocolate cookie recipe is one I have been making for years. I have slightly changed the ingredients over the years. (I’ve used it in recipes such as these Dark Chocolate M&M Cookies and Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies.) It will blow you away with how good it tastes! I sent my husband to work with these cookies and his coworkers loved it! I used dark cocoa powder in this recipe to increase the contrast in color from the chocolate cookie to the pink or blue middle but you can use regular cocoa powder if you prefer.
After the dough is ready, you roll the dough into balls (or do one cookie at a time) and take off a little of the top of the dough. Then take two of the candy melts and place them on top of each other, flat side down, then cover the top with the dough, roll into balls and bake!
And this is the result! A gorgeous and incredibly delicious double chocolate chip cookie! I checked every cookie and you can not see the pink or blue showing through! It’s such a fun surprise for friends and family.
When you break open the cookie you see the gorgeous pink or blue melted candy showing through. How beautiful is that!? The candy melts are meltier within 30 minutes or so of being baked but it’s still pretty after the cookie has cooled for a few hours.
Here’s the gorgeous blue if it’s a boy!
Or the pretty pink if it’s a girl! (Like it was for me this time.)
Some tips for preparing these cookies ahead of time:
- You can make the dough and keep it in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Or freeze it in dough balls then add the blue or pink candy melts when you know the gender and are ready to bake.
- If you know the gender but need to make this recipe ahead of time you can prepare the dough balls with the candy melts inside and keep those dough balls in the fridge for a couple of days or freezer for a few weeks.
- You could also make half blue and half pink but be sure to not mix up the two if you are waiting to know the gender then planning on giving the right color to friends/family etc.
- These cookies taste great for days so you could keep them in an airtight container and serve them when needed. It would totally be fine to warm them up just a little in the oven (probably just 1 minute) or microwave for 15 seconds, if you prefer warm cookies and want the candy, melts to be meltier.
Let me know if you have any questions.