Healthy Carrot Muffins are made with healthy wholesome ingredients and no sugar. These are soft, moist and flavorful! Perfect for snacks, breakfast, lunch boxes and more!
I’ll be honest, my kids aren’t the best at eating their vegetables every day. While I try to introduce them to different vegetables and not hide it every time, there is a place for sneaking in lots of veggies like smoothies, muffins, and pancakes. It’s a delicious way to enjoy veggies! These Healthy Carrot Muffins are my new favorite way for us to get lots of carrots in our diet. And with Easter coming up, it’s the perfect snack to have around this time of year!
These Healthy Carrot Muffins are made with white whole wheat flour. I love white whole wheat flour because you get the benefits of whole wheat with a lighter texture. But you could also use half whole wheat and all-purpose flour or just all-purpose flour.
There is no sugar in this recipe which is awesome! Just applesauce and honey to sweeten it.
Plus a full cup of shredded carrots! My favorite part! You can either grate the carrots by hand on your grater or use your food processor.
My daughter was “helping” me take the pictures for this post and she couldn’t keep her hands off of the muffins! She couldn’t wait to eat it. So cute!
I like to break these in half and spread a little butter on top. It’s delicious!
You might also like these recipes loaded with veggies!
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour (or half whole wheat flour, half all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- ½ cup honey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- Optional add-ins: walnuts, raisins...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Make a small well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, honey, egg, vanilla, and applesauce.
- Stir ingredients together until just combined. (Don't over mix).
- Fold in the shredded carrots just until combined (again don't overmix).
- Divide batter evenly among the muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Keep muffins in an airtight container (for about 2-3 days) Or freeze.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 207mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g