This recipe for Easy Meatloaf is quick to prepare! Full of flavor with a delicious glaze on top. The perfect family dinner recipe. This is the best meatloaf recipe!
My goal this year is to share more EASY and DELICIOUS dinner recipes on my blog. I know it can get tiring making dinner every night and I think we can all use a fabulous easy dinner recipe in our life! Meatloaf is an awesome easy dinner because it only takes a few minutes of mixing together the ingredients and the oven does the rest of the work! I adapted this recipe from Ina Garten’s Meatloaf recipe. I just made it easier and faster than her recipe. I made this recipe a few times to get it just right, and so the recipe I am sharing today is tried and true! And of course so tasty!
The ingredients are ground beef, breadcrumbs (you can use plain but I only had Italian seasoned ones, which was great), finely chopped onions, (my kids appreciate that!), egg, chicken stock or broth, ketchup, salt, and pepper.
Simple but just the right mix of ingredients for a fabulous meatloaf!
Then you top it with the tasty ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard mixture. In my recipe testing, I tried it with apple cider vinegar and Worschestire sauce but mustard surprisingly was our favorite!
A few recipe notes for this Easy Meatloaf:
-Feel free to adjust the ingredients to your taste. I have added some suggestions in the recipe such as adding chopped celery or bell peppers.
-You can also switch up the spices as you please. Such as adding thyme, parsley, seasoned salt, etc. It just depends on what you and your family like!
-To reduce the amount of grease you can use 90% lean ground beef or even place bread on the bottom of the loaf pan to soak it up. (I used 81% lean because that’s what I had on hand and it was totally fine. I just used a paper towel after to soak up a little grease that pooled on the edges.)
-To make this a Cheesy Meatloaf, add 1 cup of grated cheese to the meat mixture.
-You can use milk instead of the chicken stock/broth but in my recipe testing, I didn’t find it as flavorful. You could also use beef broth.
-When mixing together the meat and other ingredients don’t overmix. Just gently mix it together.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- ⅓ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, dry breadcrumbs, beaten egg, finely chopped onions, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and 2 tablespoons ketchup. Gently mix together until well combined but do not overmix.
- Transfer meat to loaf pan press down evenly in the pan.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the ⅓ cup ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard. Spread evenly over top of the meatloaf.
- Bake 55 minutes, let rest 10 minutes, remove and serve.
- (Can add chopped bell peppers or celery. Also feel free to add your favorite seasonings like ¼-1/2 teaspoon of thyme, parsley, garlic powder, or seasoning salt.)
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Meatloaf recipe