Peanut Butter Lovers Christmas Muddy Buddies- The best snack for peanut butter lovers! With more peanut butter and the addition of mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Peanut Butter M&M’s, these Muddy Buddies are a peanut butter lover’s dream!
Every Christmas I make a few batches of my Christmas Muddy Buddies for my neighbors. It’s such a great recipe because I made it so you can use an entire box of Chex so you don’t have to measure it out and it makes a lot. This year I had some extra Peanut Butter Holiday M&M’s so I thought it’d be fun to make a peanut butter version! And boy was it delicious! It’s my new favorite way to enjoy Muddy Buddies!
This recipe is incredible because it yields a good amount and is easy!
The ingredients aren’t too different from typical Muddy Buddies but I’ve added more peanut butter, use less butter, and included Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Minis and Holiday Peanut Butter M&M’s. Sorry, those aren’t in the picture because I forgot! But the bag was already opened from when I made Healthier Peanut Butter M&M Christmas Cookies. So just imagine it there in this picture!
The result was nothing short of AMAZING! The Muddy Buddies had plenty of delicious peanut butter/chocolate coating which made them clumpy. All Muddy Buddy lovers know that is the best! Then the additional taste of chocolate and peanut butter from the peanut butter M&M’s and Mini Reese’s was OUTSTANDING. Seriously a peanut butter lover’s dream! My boys and I loved eating this! And if you want you can cut the Peanut Butter Cups in half. It looks pretty cool cut in half but I kept them whole when I made it.
Not only tasty but so pretty too! The perfect snack for neighbors, family, friends, or just yourself! (I won’t tell!)
BONUS! This year I have added these fun printable gift tags for Muddy Buddies! Find that HERE.
- 1 box (12 oz.) (about 11 cups) Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex or Chocolate Chex cereal (or combination)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter (4 tablespoons)
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup Holiday Peanut Butter M&M's
- 1 bag (8 oz.) Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis (cut in half if desired)
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper and set aside. Pour cereal into a very large bowl; set aside.
- In 1-1.5 quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave 15-30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar and gently stir into chocolate covered cereal. Spread cereal on the two baking sheets to cool. Once cool, put the Muddy Buddies into desired container or gift bags, by adding a small amount of Muddy Buddies then sprinkle a few M&M’s and Mini Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and repeat.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
For even more peanut butter additions feel free to add peanuts, peanut butter chips or Reese's Pieces.
You might also like: