The best recipe for the perfect Graham Cracker Pie Crust! Can be baked or chilled depending on your pie.
Thanksgiving is only 1 week away! I am excited for everything about it but let’s be honest. The pies are the best part!
Pies with a graham cracker crust are some of my favorite because of the amazing flavor it adds to the pie. This recipe is the perfect base for so many pies like Key Lime, Chocolate (like my favorite Chocolate Silk Pie!), banana cream pie, lemon cream and so many more!
Over the past few years, I have been perfecting this recipe. Although the recipe is very simple I experimented with different amounts of cracker crumbs, amount of butter and sugar and this is perfect! There’s the perfect amount of cracker crumbs to fill the pie crust, enough butter to moisten it and the perfect amount of sugar to add sweetness but not too much. Most recipes call for granulated sugar but I love adding brown sugar because of the flavor it has as well as the texture it adds to the pie crust.
The first step is to crush up the graham crackers. I love to use my food processor because it’s so fast and results in finer crumbs. But feel free to smash it in a zip-lock bag if you want.
Once you have fine crumbs it’s time to add the ingredients.
A little bit of brown sugar, pinch of salt and butter. I add 7 tablespoons butter which gets the mixture nice and moist and makes for a non-crumbly crust but if you want to save a little on calories 6 tablespoons should do the job too. You can add cinnamon as well if you think it’d go well with the type of pie you are making.
Everyone talks about being tempted to eat cookie dough but how about graham cracker crust!? I totally snuck a bite or two and it was delicious!
Press it in your pie pan and you can either bake it or chill it. Again depending on your recipe.
This pie crust is SO delicious! I recently made this with a delicious pie filling but the graham cracker crust was my favorite part! It’s full of flavor, holds its shape and is the perfect compliment to your favorite pies!
You might also like:
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole graham crackers)
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- (optional, ½ tsp. cinnamon)
- pinch of salt
- 7 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Finely crush the graham crackers into crumbs either with a food processor or by hand by smashing in a gallon zip-lock bag.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and salt. (And cinnamon if using.) Then stir in the melted butter until incorporated.
- Press graham cracker crumb mixture into pie plate on the bottom and sides. Use your fingers or the bottom of a glass cup. Bake for 10 minutes, until it just starts to brown and let cool at least an hour before filling.
- For a no-bake pie crust: Chill pie crust for at least one hour before filling. If chilling for longer, cover it.