Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies- A soft and chewy peanut butter cookie topped with a thick layer of melted chocolate and peanut butter then garnished with chopped Peanut Butter Cups.
Cookies are the best dessert in my opinion and these cookies are some of the most amazing I’ve ever had! My boys loved them so much they keep begging me to make them again! These might just become their official “birthday cake!” First you begin with the amazing peanut butter cookie! It’s so soft and chewy and lightly crispy on the edges. I found the recipe from my friend’s blog Amber at Dessert Now Dinner Later, Thick and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies. It has so many good reviews and so I knew I had to try it! The cookie itself is absolutely amazing but I thought it’d be fun to be creative and turn them into Peanut Butter Cup Explosion Cookies with the addition of the delicious layer of melted chocolate and peanut butter and topped with everyone’s favorite Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
This is such a fun recipe and so pretty too! Chocolate and peanut butter are a match made in heaven and these cookies are the perfect combination of the two ingredients!
Although these cookies look fancy they are really simple to make! The cookie recipe is a scoop and bake recipe so no need to chill the dough. Once baked up and cooled all you do is melt chocolate chips with a little peanut butter together, drop a spoonful on the cookies then top with chopped peanut butter cups! So easy and so yummy! It’s hard to describe just how good these are. It’s a peanut butter and chocolate lovers dream! Pure heaven! The deliciousness from the soft and chewy cookie, then the incredible taste of the smooth and creamy peanut butter chocolate layer in addition to the peanut butter cups is pure bliss!
You might also like:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Chopped Peanut Butter Cups (~7 regular size)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mat. (Or can spray with cooking spray.)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large bowl and electric hand mixer), cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy about 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla and mix until combined well, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the salt and baking soda. Then mix in the flour just until incorporated.
- Scoop dough onto the prepared baking sheets (about 2 Tbsp.) and bake for 8-9 minutes. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes then transfer to cooling racks.
- Once cookies are completely cool, melt together the chocolate chips with the peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir and microwave 10 seconds each until mixture is smooth. Spoon on the chocolate peanut butter onto the cookies. Then add the chopped peanut butter cups on top of the chocolate.
Peanut Butter Cookie recipe from Amber at Dessert Now Dinner Later