Crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, packed full of delicious dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. These cookies are pure heaven! Not only are they amazing they are so pretty! The bright and beautiful tart cranberries alongside the sweet white chocolate chips is such a pretty sight! The flavor combination is amazing. I love these cookies year round but especially at Christmas time!
I decided to use my recipe for Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies because why mess with such a perfect recipe? Instead of adding chocolate chips I added dried cranberries (craisins) and white chocolate chips and it turned out amazing! These cookies are irresistible! So yummy and delicious!
- ¾ cup butter (1 ½ sticks), softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter and brown and granulated sugar together on medium speed, beating until light and fluffy about 3 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated on low speed. Turn mixer up to medium-high and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed. Add the cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix for 30 seconds then add the flour 1 cup at a time. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and gently fold in.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of the dough or roll into balls onto a lined baking sheet. Chill the dough for either 2 hours in the fridge or 20-25 minutes in the freezer.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 F. Spread cookie dough balls on 2 baking sheets lined with a silpat, or parchment paper, spaced 2 inches apart. Bake, reversing positions of cookie sheets halfway through, for 8-10 minutes until edges are just golden. Make sure not to over bake, the cookies will set up as they cool. Add more white chocolate chips is desired to cookies as they come out of the oven.
- Remove from oven, let cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. (Store in an airtight container.)