These Homemade Key Lime Pie Oreos have a delicious key lime buttercream sandwiched between two tasty graham cracker cookies. It’s incredible!
I recently saw that Oreo came out with another new flavor, Key Lime Pie Oreo. A graham flavored cookie with a key lime pie creme filling. I was intrigued! I honestly haven’t tried it yet but immediately thought of my favorite Homemade Graham Cracker recipe and thought how fun it would be to make my own Key Lime Pie Oreo.
I made a batch of my Graham Crackers only changing a couple of things. I rolled it out a little thinner because it does rise a little and baked it for a couple of minutes less because of that. It turned out so yummy as usual!
Using a small circle cutter, I got about 56 graham cracker circles out of it. So this recipe makes about 28 Key Lime Pie Oreos.
Next, I made the key lime creme filling. It was so easy! I just mixed up a little butter and powdered sugar, then added lime zest and lime juice. That is IT! I know this is key lime but I couldn’t find it at my grocery store so limes work just as great too! I piped on the filling onto the graham cracker cookies then pressed the tops on until the filling reached the edges. It was oh so delicious!
The graham crackers have such a depth of delicious flavor to them and the key lime creme filling has the perfect amount of creaminess and lime flavor to it.
I put some in the fridge and had another one a few hours later and enjoyed that as well. If you want the filling to be firmer then I would recommend chilling these after you assemble them.
These Key Lime Pie Oreos are fun to make, so tasty and easy to take on-the-go!
Key Lime Pie Creme
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- zest from 2 key limes (or limes)
- 3 Tablespoons freshly squeezed key lime juice (or limes)
- optional: green food coloring
- In a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the butter at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy. Add lime zest, lime juice and remaining powdered sugar. Beat for another 1-2 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed. If desired, add a little green food coloring.
- Transfer the key lime pie creme to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip (or a freezer zip-lock bag with the corner snipped off.) Pipe the filling onto half of the graham crackers, and top with the remaining graham crackers, pressing down until the filling reaches the edges.
- Enjoy or chill in the fridge for a firmer creme filling.
You might also like: