This five cheese stuffed crust pizza is a cheese lover’s dream!
Around here we are big pizza lovers! We have it at least once a week; whether it’s pizza bites for lunch, or a Pretzel Crust Pizza at dinner, we sure do love our pizzas. We used to go to Little Caesars to get $5 pizzas or Domino’s during the week for their $7 pizzas. But not only was that getting to be a bit expensive but they just didn’t have the same taste as homemade.
Last year I shared with Tastefully Frugal readers a month-long series; Friday Pie Day. We had everything from taco pizza to our five pound supreme pizza, even a vegetarian pizza; but one pizza that we hadn’t tried yet was a stuffed crust pizza. I always loved stuffed crust pizza when I was growing up and we had dinner with my dad a few weeks ago, he bought a stuffed crust and it reminded me how good they are. So of course I had to try to make my own.
My first attempt was an epic fail. It tasted good but the crust was way too thick. The second time around I cut the string cheese in quarters instead of halves and cut off the excess crust before I cooked it. That did the trick! This pizza is so ooey-gooey good it hardly lasted 10 minutes between myself, my husband and my two boys. We will definitely be adding it to our regular routine.
5 Cheese Stuffed Crust Pizza
- 1 Pizza Dough (you can use this recipe: http://tastefullyfrugal.org/2014/08/be-a-part-of-the-next-great-food-trend.html or any store bought)
- 4 string cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups pizza blend cheese (3 cheeses in one)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Roll pizza dough out 1 in larger than your pizza pan.
- Cut string cheese in half vertically and then horizontally.
- Line cut pieces of string cheese along outside diameter of pizza leaving enough dough to be folded over.
- Fold over dough and leave just enough to tuck under string cheese. Cut off any excess dough.
- Brush dough with pizza sauce.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake for 17-25 minutes until crust is golden brown.
What’s your favorite kind of pizza?
Sydney is a stay at home mom who has a passion for saving people money. When she isn’t chasing after her sons you can find her in the kitchen creating family friendly meals and treats. To check out more sweet treats, fun crafts and money saving tips visit Sydney at Tastefully Frugal or follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
This looks amazing! I can never get enough pizza. I love cheese way too much. Can’t wait to make it for my family.
Jenny B @ Honey and Birch says
Love this! I’m from Chicago and we love pizza!
Yum, stuffed crust is my favorite!
Sydney @ Tastefully Frugal says
Thanks so much for letting me share this recipe with you..it is one of our family favorites!!