Gender Reveal Cookies- A fun and simple way to announce the gender of your baby without saying a word! #genderreveal
Announcing the gender of your baby is one of the most exciting times of your life! I love creating recipes and gender reveal recipes are my favorite to create! I’ve done some fun ideas like this one and this one. And am super excited because Thursday I will be putting together a big list of fun gender reveal food/treat ideas for you! So stay tuned!
So as you know I am having a baby girl soon! 1 1/2 more months left and I am beyond excited! I created these Gender Reveal Cookies for my husband to take to his co-workers for them to find out the gender of our baby and they loved it! They thought it was such a fun idea and they are really excited for us!
The best part about these cookies is they are so quick to make! I just used a cake mix to make the cookies to save time. If you for some reason don’t want to do that I suggest using this chocolate cookie recipe as your base. (With no mix ins and you can use regular cocoa powder.) After the cookies are baked you let them cool a bit then press an indentation in the middle, fill with pink or blue frosting and top with chocolate to hide your little secret!
Then it’s time for a fun reveal! One bit and your family and friends will know if you have a sweet little girl or boy in your future!
One Year Ago: Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps
Two Years Ago: How to Freeze Fresh Lemon & Lime Juice
Three Years Ago: Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chip Cookies
Four Years Ago: Street Tacos
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (canola works too)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Gender Reveal Frosting Filling:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp. milk
- pink or blue food coloring
- 1 ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp. butter or oil
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a rubber spatula. Form dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then using a teaspoon measuring spoon make an indentation in each cookie in the middle.
- Beat the butter at medium-high speed in a stand mixer (or hand mixer), until smooth. Add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add in the powdered sugar and milk. Beat for a minute. Add just a little of pink or blue food coloring. Mix well, if needed add in just a little more food coloring.
- Once cookies are cool, scoop a little of the pink/blue frosting in the middle of the cookie. Once all the cookies have frosting chill cookies for about 30 minutes in the fridge or 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Melt the chocolate by placing in a microwave safe bowl along with the butter/oil. Microwave in 20 seconds increments, stirring in between until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly, carefully top the pink/blue frosting on the cookies with the chocolate making sure none of the color shows through. Let cool completely (can chill to speed up the process) and enjoy surprising your family and friends!
You might also like: