I LOVE creating new recipes! I was so excited when Cookies and Cups and Confessions of a Cookbook Queen announced they were doing a Creative Cookie Contest! I got thinking and came up with this fun recipe. It was so easy to make and so dang good! I’d love to win the contest but either way I came up with a yummy recipe that’s a sure keeper! You can find this submission and others on their facebook pages here and here.
To make these cookies you first mix together the ingredients for the cookies. There are very few ingredients and it’s so quick to make. I love it! After the cookie dough has baked for 10 minutes you press down with a 1/2 tablespoon measuring spoon to make an indentation and cook a few minutes longer. Let it cool.
The fudge filling is crazy easy too. Just melt together chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Melt, fill the cookies and top with your desired toppings and that is it! EASY! The end result is a buttery cookie with a thick fudge filling and your favorite topping! I loved the crunch of the M&M’s but all the toppings are great!
This cookie is so perfect for this Christmas and can easily be doubled or tripled.
One Year Ago: Cranberry Citrus Butter
Two Years Ago: Gingerbread Muffins
Three Years Ago: Christmas Tree Brownies with Buttercream Frosting
Four Years Ago: Simple, Perfect Enchiladas
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ⅓ heaping cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 ½ Tbsp. Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Sprinkles, Toffee Bits, M&M’s etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 F; line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter, sugar, salt and vanilla on medium-high speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Beat in flour, beginning on low speed and increasing to medium high, until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into 12 equal size balls, placing 6 on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, removing from oven and using a ½ tablespoon measuring spoon make an indentation in the middle of each cookie. Return to oven and bake for another 3-5 minutes. (The less time the softer the cookie will be.) Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- When cookies are cool, make the fudge filling. Place the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds. Mix until smooth. (If not melted completely microwave 10 seconds at a time, stirring in-between until smooth.)
- Use a small spoon to fill the thumbprints with the fudge. Top with desired toppings. Let cool and enjoy!
You might also like: