Avocado Pesto Pasta- Pasta tossed with a delicious and creamy avocado pesto sauce.
I love pesto and I love avocados but I would never have thought to put the two together! I was recently looking through the cookbook, The Fresh 20 when I came across this recipe. It intrigued me because I wasn’t sure how it’d taste. So I gave it a try and I was not disappointed!
It was so easy to make! Dinner was ready, start to finish is no more than 20 minutes. The avocado mixed into the pesto gave it a nice creamy texture that we all loved. We topped it with diced tomatoes. This is a new family favorite! Quick, easy and healthy. My kind of dinner!
One Year Ago: Garlic Texas Toast
Two Years Ago: Pinch-Me-Not Cupcakes
Three Years Ago: Super Soft Sugar Cookies with Buttercream Frosting
- 12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup Pesto
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a large pinch of salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente. Drain, reserving ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Put the pesto in a large bowl. Scoop the avocado flesh into the bowl and mash the avocado and lemon juice into the pesto.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto, adding some of the reserved pasta water if necessary to give it the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve the pasta with the diced tomatoes.
Slightly adapted from The Fresh 20
Here are some more fun green ideas for St. Patrick’s Day!