Today I am excited to share with you a healthy recipe I know you will all love!
I finally got around to thinking about St. Patrick’s Day. Can you believe it’s almost here? There are so many fun green ideas out on the web (especially Pinterest) but I thought why not do something completely natural green? Like broccoli! Do you like broccoli? I like broccoli but I am not crazy about it. That is until I roasted it and added a little Parmesan cheese! It’s crazy how roasting it in the oven with just a few of the right ingredients transforms broccoli from pretty good to AMAZING! At least once a week we have roasted broccoli and cauliflower. They go so great together! But since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up I just did broccoli to keep the green theme.
All you do add olive oil, salt and pepper roast it then add Parmesan cheese! Some variations are you can toss it with a little bit of breadcrumbs or Panko bread crumbs. Sometimes I add a pinch of flax seed. (Shh! Don’t tell my kids…) And sometimes I add the Parmesan cheese halfway through to make it a little crispy and melty.
Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into florets
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste (I use kosher salt)
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º. Layer a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Place the broccoli out on cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over broccoli. Season with salt and pepper. Toss, using your hands, until all the broccoli is coated, adding more oil if needed.
- Roast in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until broccoli just starts to brown and is fork tender.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
You can add 2-4 tablespoons of breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs. I like to add about ½ tablespoon flax seed. Sometimes I add the parmesan cheese halfway through the baking time to get it slightly crispy and melty.
I love roasted broccoli and have never thought to add Parmesan! Looks yummy!
Thank you! I love adding Parmesan to anything it goes well with! 🙂
This looks delicious! A great idea to get my daughter to eat broccoli too!
Thanks Karen! I hope your daughter likes it. 🙂
Yvonne @ TriedandTasty.com says
I love roasted broccoli! So yummy!