This Pistachio Pudding Salad is super simple to make and perfect for a crowd or side-dish for family dinner.
Every 3rd Sunday we have a family dinner with my in-laws. I always look forward to it because my mother-in-law is a great cook! She makes so many delicious fruit salads and this Pistachio Pudding Salad is one of my favorites. I finally got the recipe from her and it was so easy to make!
All you do is mix together pistachio pudding mix, crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, and cool whip! You can add chopped pecans or mini-marshmallows if you’d like. It’d be pretty if you top it with a few crushed pecans or pistachios.
I don’t usually like cottage cheese but I love it in this salad! This is what sets this Pistachio Pudding Salad apart from most and it makes it so good! Most recipes don’t use cottage cheese for Pistachio Pudding Salad but it makes the texture so good! Plus it adds more protein and calcium which is a plus!
This would also be a perfect side dish to serve for St. Patricks Day or Christmas. The green color is so beautiful! But honestly, we serve it whenever we want. Usually once a month for our family dinners. It’s always a hit!
MORE FABULOUS SIDE DISHES
- 1 package (3.4 oz.) instant pistachio pudding
- 1 can (20 oz.) can crushed pineapples, reserve the juices
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 8 oz. cool whip, thawed
- Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1-2 cups mini-marshmallows
- In a large bowl mix together the dry pistachio pudding mix with the drained can of crushed pineapples. Mix in the cottage cheese then fold in the cool whip. Add 2 tablespoons of the pineapple juice and more if desired. If using, mix in the chopped pecans or/and mini-marshmallows. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
You might also like: