Made with only five ingredients, this Five-Cup Fruit Salad is simple, quick and so delicious!
This fruit salad is called Five-Cup Fruit Salad because you use 1 cup of each ingredient! Pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, sour cream, coconut flakes, and mini marshmallows. It’s easy to put together and so good! I was hesitant what I would think of this since I’ve never made fruit salad before using sour cream but it was amazing! The sour cream adds creaminess and a slight tartness to this salad and I loved it! I used light sour cream to save on calories. If you want, you could use Greek Yogurt instead.
A few notes about Five-Cup Fruit Salad:
-You can change or add the type of fruit you use. Chopped apples or grapes would be really good.
-Sometimes I make this with fresh mandarin oranges instead of canned when they are in season.
-If you prefer, you can use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
This is such an easy and delicious fruit salad. You will love it!
You Might Also Like:
- 1 can (8-1/4 oz.) Pineapple Chunks, undrained
- 1 can (11 oz.) Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 container (8 oz.) Sour Cream (can use light)
- 1 cup Coconut Flakes (or shredded)
- 1 cup Miniature Marshmallows
- Drain pineapple chunks, reserving 1 Tbsp. of the juice.
- Mix pineapple chunks, reserved juice, mandarin oranges, sour cream, coconut flakes and miniature marshmallows; toss lightly. Cover.
- Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
-Fresh mandarin oranges can be used instead of canned.
-Feel free to add more fruit like chopped apples or grapes.
(Adapted from Kraft)