Avocados are my favorite! I’m not sure how accurate this is but I’ve heard 79 million pounds of avocados are eaten on Super Bowl Sunday! That’s a LOT of avocados! While I LOVE guacamole, it’s fun to switch things up sometimes. This dip is pretty fantastic. Plus it’s super healthy! It’s made with avocados, (of course) Greek yogurt, lime juice, cilantro and spices. It’s so easy to make and so delicious. We loved the yummy creamy texture. My husband really loved this too so it’s man friendly!
This dip is perfect for your next party or get together. Serve it with pita chips, veggies or tortilla chips.
One Year Ago: Double Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
Two Years Ago: Cafe Rio Chicken
Three Years Ago: Kati’s Chip Dip
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Mix until smooth, scraping down sides as necessary.
- Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cut up veggies.
Adapted from Two Peas & Their Pod