Delicious dinner rolls that are ready in just barely over an hour!
Can you believe Thanksgiving is in one week!? I am so excited! This year we are spending Thanksgiving with my family. I am the youngest of 8 kids and for the first time in a long time, we will have almost the whole entire family together! (Minus one brother that is out of state.) I can’t wait!
I wish I had the time/money to make everything this Thanksgiving but I am happy with my assignment of stuffing and a pie. What are you in charge of this Thanksgiving? If you’re in charge of the rolls, here is a fabulous recipe for you!
If you’ve never made rolls before or don’t enjoy spending too much time in the kitchen, this is the recipe for you! These rolls are made so fast. They will be ready in no time! Sorry I didn’t take step by step pictures of it. But basically you make the dough, let it sit for 5 minutes, portion it into 12 rolls, then you let it rise in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes and then leave them in the oven and turn the heat up to 350 for 15-20 minutes. It can’t get any easier! 🙂
In just barely over an hour, you will have fresh homemade rolls! These rolls taste fabulous! I served these at a recent dinner and everyone loved them! I also served them with a pretty and delicious Cranberry Citrus Butter. It was delicious!
One Year Ago: Triple Berry Pie
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Silk Pie
Three Years Ago: Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoon butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup hot water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 - 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon yeast
- Pour the milk into a microwave-safe container. Add the butter to the milk and microwave for 1 minute. Stir the milk and butter then microwave for 30 seconds and stir again.
- Put the milk/butter and hot water in the bowl of a *stand mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. Add the sugar and salt. Then add 2 cups of the flour and let it mix for 1 minute. Add the yeast and with the mixer on low, slowly add the remaining 2 cups of flour. You have enough flour when the dough scrapes the side of the bowl clean. If needed add up to ½ cup more flour. Mix on medium speed for 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Spray your counter or a cutting board with cooking spray. Lay the dough on top of it. Take a sharp knife, spray it with cooking spray and cut the dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll into balls and place in the pan.
- Put the rolls in the oven. Let them rise for 20 minutes. Leave the pan in the oven and turn the heat up to 350 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. (This includes the time it takes for the oven to increase in temperature.) Brush with a little butter and serve warm.
*If you don't have a stand mixer, mix ingredients by hand and once all ingredients are combined, knead for 5 minutes.
Slightly adapted from Jaime Cooks it Up
You might also like: