The best Cranberry Salad! Always a hit at holiday parties! A sweet, tart and creamy side dish. Made with fresh cranberries mixed with crushed pineapple and mini marshmallows with freshly whipped cream mixed in. Pomegranate seeds are garnished on top giving it a little crunch and juiciness. It’s heavenly!
Cranberries are my new obsession! I am loving trying new things. First kale, now cranberry! Kind of embarrassing but all I really knew of cranberry growing up was on Thanksgiving when my dad would open up a can of cranberry sauce for a side dish. I thought it was so weird! Years ago my husband and I became big fans of cranberry juice but believe it or not the first time I ever bought or cooked/baked with the actual cranberry fruit was only last week! Took me long enough! And boy am I glad I gave it a try. I am now in love with cranberry and am so excited to share this delectable salad with you.
This recipe comes from my favorite TV chef, Kelsey Nixon. I love Kelsey! I have been her fan from the beginning (even before Food Network Star) and love watching her on The Cooking Channel. I came across this recipe and it had 5 stars, looked amazing so I gave it a try!
This cranberry salad is something special! It’s simple to make and seriously really fun, and of course, is so delicious! This Cranberry Salad would be fabulous to serve this Thanksgiving or Christmas. It can be made ahead of time. I had some of this a few days after making it and it was still so good. Not only does this salad taste fantastic, but it is also very pretty! I love the pomegranates that garnish the top.
- Whole fresh cranberries
- Mini Marshmallows
- Crushed Pineapple, 20 oz. can
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Pomegranate Seeds
How to Make Cranberry Salad:
2nd step, mix in crushed pineapple and marshmallows.
3rd step, whip up the heavy whipping cream, add a little powdered sugar and vanilla and gently mix together with the cranberry mixture. Press the cranberry salad into an 8×8 dish and chill in the fridge or freezer.
The last step is the best! Garnish the top of the cranberry salad with pomegranate seeds. Such a pretty fruit!
I served this at dinner with my in-laws and it was a huge hit! My sister-in-law even tried hiding it under the table so she wouldn’t have to share any. It’s that good!
One Year Ago: Triple Berry Pie
Two Years Ago: Chocolate Silk Pie (The Perfect Chocolate Pie!)
Three Years Ago: Ham and Cheese Quiche
- 1, (10 oz.) bag fresh whole cranberries (about 3 cups)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1, (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until fine and no large pieces remain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain any accumulated juices from the cranberries if needed and reserve for another use, and then mix in the marshmallows and drained pineapple. Set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl (using a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or handheld mixer) until it begins to thicken, about 1 minute, and then beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form about 3 to 5 minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture, one third at a time, until fully incorporated. Transfer to an 8-by-8-inch baking dish or serving bowl.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 2 hours. Right before serving, top with the pomegranate seeds.
This can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Very slighty adapted from Kelsey Nixon- Cooking Channel
You might also like: