Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles is a delicious fall treat! Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is covered in chocolate making for a pretty and tasty dessert!
If you know me, almost nothing gets me more excited than creating a delicious recipe! These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles will blow you away! I like these even better than plain chocolate chip cookie dough because the pumpkin and spices add a new depth of flavor.
These come together pretty quickly too. I made these with my friends when they were over last week and made them super fast so I didn’t take any pictures of the process. (Sorry!) All you do is mix up the ingredients, chill it, roll into balls (or if you have a little scoop even faster!) then dip in chocolate and you are ready for a little piece of heaven! My kids love sprinkles so of course, I added some.
You could even just make the cookie dough and eat that or just roll it into balls without dipping it in chocolate.
The ingredients are basic ingredients for a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies minus the egg. There is flour in the recipe. I have no problem with that in my cookie dough but some people prefer to bake it first before adding in the recipe. So if you want to do that, just place the flour on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, let cool, then add to the recipe.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles are so tasty! I like it even more than a pumpkin cookie. And the flavor gets taken up a notch with it covered in chocolate. This is such a fun treat and perfect for fall parties!
One Year Ago: Blackberry Ice Cream
Two Years Ago: Halloween Cake Balls
Three Years Ago: Tacos (My first blog post!)
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 8 oz. chocolate candy coating, or about 1 cup chocolate chips melted with 2 tsp. shortening, veg. oil or coconut oil
- optional: sprinkles
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, butter, and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). Mix in milk and vanilla. Add flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix on low until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes until firm enough to roll or scoop into 1-inch balls. Place rolled balls on a wax paper lined baking sheet and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or up to an hour.
- Melt candy coating following instructions on the package. If using chocolate chips, melt in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring in between every 30 seconds. Remove a couple of balls from the freezer at a time and dip in melted chocolate using a fork or a dipping tool. Remove from chocolate and holding it above the chocolate let excess chocolate drip down. Place on wax paper. If using sprinkles, add after dipping 2-3 truffles. Continue until all truffles are covered in chocolate.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.
Adapted from The Cookie Dough Lover’s Cookbook
Stephanie Daigneault says
These look so good! Sit down and accidentally eat them all good!
Do you think they would work with GF flour?
It should! Flour is just used in this recipe for thickening without adding more sweetness. Let me know how it goes if you make it!
I have that same exact pumpkin plate! 🙂 These look so good and Iove how “fancy” truffles are without being too difficult to make. Pinned!
It’s such a cute plate! I just got it for my birthday and was so excited because I already had this recipe in mind. 🙂
Where would I find that plate?
Walmart. But it was from last year so I’m not sure if they still have it. It’s super cute!
Jenn @ We Do Fun Here says
YUM!!! Perfect for a Halloween Party–pinned to my Halloween Party Desserts Board!
~ Jenn @ We Do FUN Here
Happy Blogiversary! These look absolutely amazing… I think I’ll be making them soon.
Brooke (DesignedByBH) says
I love cookie dough…I bet these are amazing! I’m pinning the recipe so I can make some soon!
Thanks for being a part of the Daily Blog Boost! <3
Thanks for the pin!
these look so delicious! I pinned it right away
I made these today for a party tomorrow night I am going to. OMG. Are you kidding me? They are outrageous. I will definitely be making a second batch tomorrow and adding candy eyeballs to the top.
Yay! I’m so glad you loved it! This seriously was so good! I can’t wait to make it again! That is such a cute idea to put a candy eyeball on top! Thanks for letting me know that you loved this. 🙂
These are calling my name!
They look sooooooooooooooo GOOD
Thanks Winnie! 🙂
These look so wonderful. Thanks for sharing on Link Party Palooza. I’ve pinned them!
Thanks Teresa! And thanks for the pin. 🙂
Laura@baking in pyjamas says
They sound delicious! Perfect for Autumn. Visiting from Saturday Night Fever.
Thanks Laura for stopping by!
Andi @ The Weary Chef says
I’m not usually a big cookie dough fan since I’d rather have it baked into cookies, but these truffles might get me to change teams! I would love to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing it at Saturday Night Fever!
I haven’t cared much for cookie dough until lately. But yes.. these truffles will make you a cookie dough lover. They are amazing!
Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch says
Becky, Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays. What a great treat and addition to our Thanksgiving feast. They are being featured this week. Thanks, Nichi http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2013/10/tasty-thursdays-64.html
Thanks so much Nichi!
northern cottage says
oh my – these look amazing balls – how appropriate, huh? happily pinned them – mmmm!!
One TIPsy Chick says
These look amazing! I may have to retire my cookie dough truffle recipe for awhile!
Thanks! You should so try these. They are amazing!
heather @french press says
these look AMAZING!
the cape on the corner says
oh man, this looks deelish!
Cindy Eikenberg says
Becky, these look amazing! Visiting from i heart naptime and pinning! Have a fabulous weekend!
Thank you! Thanks for visiting. 🙂
Amanda @ Dwelling in Happiness says
Ohh my gosh, these look AMAZING!! Pumpkin anything is amazing to begin with, but then adding in chocolate?! To die for! Pinning!! 🙂
Thank you! These are really good!