I have four crazy boys that are always hungry. 🙂 One of my goals as a mom, is to get my boys to eat healthy food. So today I wanted to share one of my secrets with you on how I get my boys to eat vegetables. One word: roasting.
If I roast veggies, my boys will eat them! This Roasted Parmesan Breaded Cauliflower is one of my favorite side dishes to make any day of the week. It’s SO delicious, super easy and incredibly cheap, too! Cauliflower is almost always about or under one dollar a pound and I always have the other ingredients on hand. Toss the cauliflower in the olive oil, bread crumbs and parmesan and roast for about 30 minutes and you have the most amazing and healthy vegetable side dish! My boys love this stuff! It’s definitely a family pleaser!
Roasted Parmesan Breaded Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400º. Layer a rimmed cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Lay cauliflower out on cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over cauliflower. Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Toss, using your hands, until all cauliflower is coated, adding more oil or salt and pepper as needed.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork tender. Serve as a delicious side dish with any meal. Enjoy!