Updated from the archives
It’s Summer time! Maybe not officially but today is supposed to be a high of 91° F here. H-O-T! One of my favorite things about summer is the abundance of fresh fruit. I especially love juicy, deep red strawberries. Fruit is pretty awesome. It comes ready to eat! Rinse and maybe peel, depending on the fruit, and it’s ready to enjoy! I also love how pretty the colors of fruit are. Fruit salads are always amazing. This recipe is one of my favorite. Don’t mind that I didn’t have a kiwi in this picture. But that’s the great thing about this recipe. If you are missing one of the fruits listed in ingredients or want to add another type of fruit you can absolutely do as you please.
This fruit toss is so easy and so good. You just throw together a few different fruits and add honey and lime to it and you have an amazing fruit salad. It tastes so good. The honey and lime really take this fruit toss up a notch.
- 1 can (20 oz) Pineapple Chunks
- 1 can (11 or 15 oz) Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled, halved and sliced
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated lime peel (optional)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Drain pineapple; reserve ¼ cup juice.
- Combine pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, banana, kiwi fruit and strawberries in large serving bowl.
- Stir together reserved pineapple juice, lime peel, lime juice and honey in small bowl. Pour over salad; toss to coat.