Granola Bars are one of my favorite snacks. They are super convenient and really good! Last year I tried a lot of different granola bar recipes but there wasn’t one that I loved. That was until I made these. I just love these granola bars! I’ve made these at least 7 times since and I’m sorry it’s taken so long to share this! I’ve shared these granola bars with a lot of friends and family since and they are always a huge hit! This is a great snack!
First you combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Then you add it to your dry ingredients. Mix it all together then wait about 10 minutes for it to slightly cool then you add in more chocolate chips so you not only get melted chocolate chips but chocolate chips to bite into. (My favorite!)
Then you press it into a big pan. Refrigerate it then cut it into bars.
- ⅔ cup + ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 cups rice krispies
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
- Optional: ½ cup wheat germ
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan lightly with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine ⅔ cup of the chocolate chips, rice krispies, oats, and wheat germ (if using). In a small saucepan combine the butter and honey. Bring to a boil and boil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until combined and pour over your oat mixture. The chocolate chips will melt.
- Wait until mixture is mostly cooled, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, then and add ½ cup chocolate chips and gently mix in. Press evenly into prepared pan using wax paper.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then cut into bars. Wrap each granola bar in plastic wrap and store in a covered container or zip lock bag in the fridge.